Tuning Fiat Punto Exhaust Idea, Help & Advice Please

Currently reading:
Tuning Fiat Punto Exhaust Idea, Help & Advice Please

1. Ok.

2. I took it to F1 Motors in Hertford, they just connected it with a new exhaust clamp. My spotex was a striaght swap. I will try and post some clearer picture's tonight/tomorrow about the hanging low (pictures are much better than trying to explain). I really want to raise it, its fine driving, but if i go over the slightest pot hole BANG!!. My back box is mounted on an angle, is that normal?

3. Is it quite straight forward to tint them yourself?

yeah mine was just clamped on, they're crap, loosen the clamp and the exhaust'll come loose, then from the tailpipe jingle it about a bit and push it up and back, and hope it stays in that position, could use a jack to keep it there, then tighten the clamp till you can't feel your arm anymore and put sealant round the join and hopefully it won't drop,
the clamp on its own works loose

and tinting is easy, just get a can of tint spray, sand the lights down and give them a clean and then spray them in light, even coats.. i did my wheels by myself so im sure lights would be a piece of pee (y)

My 3" Sportex was well loud, in fact loud enough to fail MOT. It also didn't fit brilliantly either, but a bit fo cutting nad shuuting will fix that when I get around to refiiting it. I may cut it down and just fit the back box to limit the dB to a tolerable level. I'd not even remove the cat and it was still LOUD. I may mess around and replace the cat plus the centre Sportex silencer with a real long universal silencer (but leave it swappable for MOT time). OK, it'll be a bit of messing around - but I like messing around.

If you don't like messing around, get a Supersprint or something.

think the reasons mine's not that loud is i only got the backbox, but then replaced the centre silencer with an 8v pipe, with a centre silencer the backbox just turns into decoration as it sounds standard. never got a catback, didn't think it'd make it that much louder than a straight through pipe though

My punto is the 8v, but it has a centre silencer? how do i double check if i have an 8 or a 16 valve?

"the clamp and the exhaust'll come loose, then from the tailpipe jingle it about a bit and push it up and back, and hope it stays in that position" What about the bracket on the backbox itself, is it possible to adjust that?

I got a new performance (apparently) backbox in longlife yesterday, fitted for £99 - its a deal they have going on at the mo. I have the sound level at medium which sounds really nice, not like a tank! Like you said, its smooth and quiet in low revs, but sounds great when i put my foot down!

DSC00233.jpg

i rekon the hook the exhaust arraches to the rear rubber is meant to have a 90 degree bend in it and not be straight, that the oval backbox would be flat and not pointing downwards if you get me?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I think the rattle is coming from the circled area.

And i want the exhaust raised up a good three inches.

See the two clips that go into the rubber holder. Could i cut them off, then make two more 90degree bends, then reclip them back in?
edited.jpg

yeah the axle will be a problem, my suggestion is bend the hanger so that the exhaust end up being further away from the wheel and also the pipe will be higher up, possible put the hook on top of the rubber mounting instead of through it? many different options you can go with, ideally you need the exhaust to be hanging down directly under the rubber but i dont think that will be too easy.

possible put the hook on top of the rubber mounting instead of through it?

How about if i reverse mount the 'rubber thing' on the chassi, then re hook it back through??

Do you think it will be possible to bend the bracket (with man power:cool:) whilst its still mounted on the car?? :bang:

not whilst its still mounted i wouldnt have thought it would be easy. you could try reveresing the rubber, would mean its higher up which is what you want!

Back