Technical Fiat ducato 2.8i jtd not starting after winter

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat ducato 2.8i jtd not starting after winter

Yorkysteve

Hi I have a 2001 fiat ducato 2.8i jtd motorhome 2001 tried to start it after winter but engine turned over but not firing. I changed fuel filter but no fuel coming out of pipe. I checked the tank float pipes and no fuel coming from there when engine turns over and cannot locate fuel pump. It worked perfectly before winter but was left with a full tank of deisel over winter any ideas anyone. Thank you

Just followed wires to immobiliser and looked to see if I can remove the circuit bord or disarm it but the is an ijector pipe in front of it and awkward to get at can I just disconnect the plug would that work
Sorry, not that simple. The immobiliser is a piece of electronics mounted on the pump. It controls the supply the "stop" solenoid on the pump. Solenoid must be energised for vehicle to run. With protective shield removed from pump, it is then possible to reconfigure wires so that solenoid is supplied directly from ignition switch.

Last edited:
Just followed wires to immobiliser and looked to see if I can remove the circuit bord or disarm it but the is an ijector pipe in front of it and awkward to get at can I just disconnect the plug would that work
No

I think @Communicator posted a link to thread how to remove the part of imobiliser that is bolted to the pump earlier in this thread.
Find it read it understand it...learn from someone having gone through what you are going through and posting the way they got over it.

Even if you are not up to doing the removal if you know how and can print the how to you can give it to a mechanic so they know what is required / which tools before hand

Back