Technical Fiat Ducato 2.3 add blue light

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Ducato 2.3 add blue light

IAN COOK

Hello all, we have a Fiat ducato 2.3 based camper van. The yellow add blue light does not go out even when the tank is full to overflowing, the re-set procedure does not work even though we wait for over 2 mins on the first key turn, it has been like this since it was new in 2020, I have been in touch with Fiat in Italy and it has been in and out of Fiat dealers, the tank has been replaced, the edu and nobody knows how to fix it, it is now out of warranty, any body any ideas ?

As the fault existed well before the end of the warrantee period I as under the impression it is still covered.
Keep onto Fiat they should fix it

As the fault existed well before the end of the warrantee period I as under the impression it is still covered.
Thank you for your reply, I have read some of the other posts and will try drilling out the breather hole, is the sensor in the tank itself and can that be replaced on its own if it has been damaged or is it new tank no.3 ?

If you touch anything that will end free help from FIAT...so don't . Drilling a hole in the adblue tank breather very unlikely to help-if you want to try something loosen the filler cap and try reset- that way you rule out breathing problem.

Has the problem ever been fixed but just comes back in a week or so?
Has the instrument cluster ever been examined?

Your best course of action is to contact Fiat UK headquarters with a full summary of what has been done so far and that problem has never been resolved.

Thank you for your reply, I have read some of the other posts and will try drilling out the breather hole, is the sensor in the tank itself and can that be replaced on its own if it has been damaged or is it new tank no.3

Thank you for your help so far, the count down is now on - 161 miles to no start, I will fill it up with add blue and go through the reset min 2 mins as I have done before but the amber light will stay on, I will leave the cap loose whilst I do this, the motorhome is Burstner Argos 747-2 and does not have a gauge for the add blue so it is not easy not to overflow the tank, I was going to plug my OBD reader into the socket to see any fault codes but as per another post, I think I have the alarm or something else plugged in and I’m a worried about mucking up the alarm and tracker if it’s removed !

If you touch anything that will end free help from FIAT...so don't . Drilling a hole in the adblue tank breather very unlikely to help-if you want to try something loosen the filler cap and try reset- that way you rule out breathing problem.

Has the problem ever been fixed but just comes back in a week or so?
Has the instrument cluster ever been examined?

Your best course of action is to contact Fiat UK headquarters with a full summary of what has been done so far and that problem has never been resolved.

Do not drill a hole
Has the problem ever been fixed?

Back