Technical Fan (A/C switch) sticks after central console removal

Currently reading:
Technical Fan (A/C switch) sticks after central console removal

dasabaja

Hi, all. I could use your help regarding a complete mystery to me....
I have a FIat Punto II mk2b with the large central console that goes between front seats all the way back. I attached a picture for reference (not my car)

I was changing the bulbs around climate control knobs....I removed the central console, replaced the bulbs, all went well...however: the moment I click the central console back - the climate control fan knob jams. It won't return to zero, it's between 1 and 0 somewhere and I can't click it to turn the AC on. When I start pulling the central console towards me, the know unsticks....but the moment I release it - it jams.

I didn't undo all the bolts ie. I didn't remove the entire thing. It seems there is an issue with angle at which I'm pressing the central console back....I'm completely baffled, honestly.

I don't know what to look at any more....nothing is broken, everything clicks back into place.

Has anyone had this issue with this fan knob?

Attachments

• image_2024-03-30_155715933.png
    image_2024-03-30_155715933.png
    597 KB · Views: 30
Hi, all. I could use your help regarding a complete mystery to me....
I have a FIat Punto II mk2b with the large central console that goes between front seats all the way back. I attached a picture for reference (not my car)

I was changing the bulbs around climate control knobs....I removed the central console, replaced the bulbs, all went well...however: the moment I click the central console back - the climate control fan knob jams. It won't return to zero, it's between 1 and 0 somewhere and I can't click it to turn the AC on. When I start pulling the central console towards me, the know unsticks....but the moment I release it - it jams.

I didn't undo all the bolts ie. I didn't remove the entire thing. It seems there is an issue with angle at which I'm pressing the central console back....I'm completely baffled, honestly.

I don't know what to look at any more....nothing is broken, everything clicks back into place.

Has anyone had this issue with this fan knob?
I am not sure what you mean by you did not remove all the bolts. The top part of the console is held in place by 3 metal clips in the console that push into holes in the dashboard. Those clips can get a bit bent and then it is difficult to get it to go in correctly so maybe it has something to do with that? You want to try and get those clips right or it will rattle.

I am not sure what you mean by you did not remove all the bolts. The top part of the console is held in place by 3 metal clips in the console that push into holes in the dashboard. Those clips can get a bit bent and then it is difficult to get it to go in correctly so maybe it has something to do with that? You want to try and get those clips right or it will rattle.
I didn' remove the entire central divider, just the front facing console. No matter how I return it back - the knob jams. I did solve it, however. I got an advice from a person who had the same issue - smack it it! So I did, there was a subtle "click", and now it works. Not a very sophisticated method, but it solved my problem.

Back