Technical Ducato P0401 P0402 P0236 P0238 and limp mode its 2017 Euro 6, EGR changed, What do I check next

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato P0401 P0402 P0236 P0238 and limp mode its 2017 Euro 6, EGR changed, What do I check next

I agree with most of your analysis,however,two points: you say that the latest software ecu version for manual x mission is v28.This is not what Fiat tech bulletin says.It says both auto and manual should be v32.Which would make sense if update alters fueling parameters.Also if Dpf regeneration over fueling is altered with new software update wouldn’t it be possible to see a variation in Dpf regeneration temperature by testing a before and after update with scanner?
Just my thoughts.
Assuming you mean Service news 10-23-19 dated 20/11/19 the latest software version for manuals without issues is V28. to be updated you need problems. I was refused updates from 2 Dealers without the correct error codes being present. I doubt if all dealers are as concerned if the software allows it and the price is right. So both V28 and V32 are the latest software possible on a manual (V28 without problems V32 with).

AS to regen temperature Problem is we don't know precise charecteristics they are trying to control in regen and precisely what went wrong, note other conciderations. the temperature profile of regen between early and late software versions may vary max temperature due to fuel injected mm3/injection or extendend period or total energy intake.
If you look at
i caught a regen in process and also show the DPF temperatures. If more of such data was available to understand natural variation of use we might be able to repeat after update and see any possible difference. Such data would be more valuable than the Average duration/ temperature of last 5 regens (note in MES 5 regens may be one ?) The problem is we have no data on an engine prior to going awol (pre and post Awol). In fact we dont even have the version number prior to update due to refurb (one or 2 examples only). If you have any data to contribute i will be more than happy to look at it.

Assuming you mean Service news 10-23-19 dated 20/11/19 the latest software version for manuals without issues is V28. to be updated you need problems. I was refused updates from 2 Dealers without the correct error codes being present. I doubt if all dealers are as concerned if the software allows it and the price is right. So both V28 and V32 are the latest software possible on a manual (V28 without problems V32 with).

AS to regen temperature Problem is we don't know precise charecteristics they are trying to control in regen and precisely what went wrong, note other conciderations. the temperature profile of regen between early and late software versions may vary max temperature due to fuel injected mm3/injection or extendend period or total energy intake.
If you look at
i caught a regen in process and also show the DPF temperatures. If more of such data was available to understand natural variation of use we might be able to repeat after update and see any possible difference. Such data would be more valuable than the Average duration/ temperature of last 5 regens (note in MES 5 regens may be one ?) The problem is we have no data on an engine prior to going awol (pre and post Awol). In fact we dont even have the version number prior to update due to refurb (one or 2 examples only). If you have any data to contribute i will be more than happy to look at it.
Sorry you are incorrect,both manual and comformatic before updates is up to v28 and both boxes with updates is v32.
It clearly states this in the service bulletin you mentioned above !

Sorry you are incorrect,both manual and comformatic before updates is up to v28 and both boxes with updates is v32.
It clearly states this in the service bulletin you mentioned above !
Whats your point? How would you interpretate the need to change software version.

Back