Technical Ducato fuel filter housing.

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato fuel filter housing.

Thanks for the information, it makes better sense. As I have a x244 2.8jtd, my info is sourced from eLearn for the x244. I do not see any reason for the lp circuit to differ considerably on later models, with multijet engines. However the description the x244 2,3jtd shows a pressure relief valve / 4 way manifold, while that for my 2.8jtd does not include that item. I have just returned from peering into my engine bay looking for such a manifold, but without finding one. I will be looking more closely when I next have to work to do in the engine bay.

As regards the OP's failure, I am tempted to question whether the use of adhesive changed the physical properties of the filter's plastic retaining ring?

Thanks for the information, it makes better sense. As I have a x244 2.8jtd, my info is sourced from eLearn for the x244. I do not see any reason for the lp circuit to differ considerably on later models, with multijet engines. However the description the x244 2,3jtd shows a pressure relief valve / 4 way manifold, while that for my 2.8jtd does not include that item. I have just returned from peering into my engine bay looking for such a manifold, but without finding one. I will be looking more closely when I next have to work to do in the engine bay.

As regards the OP's failure, I am tempted to question whether the use of adhesive changed the physical properties of the filter's plastic retaining ring?
It was pretty mild stuff - Stixall black acrylic polyurethane to bung up the threads and cap joint as a second line of defence.
Remember - the o ring didn't fail this time - it held fast and the cap pushed itself off instead!

Back