General Ducato front end conversion.

Currently reading:
General Ducato front end conversion.

Ian68

Has anyone here converted the front end of their van. I have a 2008 Ducato based motorhome that needs the hopeless commercial paint redone... I've had a wee idea that upgrading to a 2015 type front end at the same time if it's possible.
I'm not scared of a bit of spanner work or fabrication to prep it if i can get a bit of info first...
Thanks in advance folks.

Ian

Hello,

I'm afraid it's not that easy, as the body modules, which manage lights differ between pre-lift x250 and pre-lift x290. I would be much easier if you had the post-lift x250.

I haven't done it myself (even though my van is a post-lift model), but I thought and read about it. If I'm not mistaken I've read somewhere someone did it properly. And it worked :) So, in theory it is possible :)

Hello,

I'm afraid it's not that easy, as the body modules, which manage lights differ between pre-lift x250 and pre-lift x290. I would be much easier if you had the post-lift x250.

I haven't done it myself (even though my van is a post-lift model), but I thought and read about it. If I'm not mistaken I've read somewhere someone did it properly. And it worked :) So, in theory it is possible :)
Thanks for that, I'll keep on doing the research. (y)

Looking for something else I've found this ad:

A 2011 Ducato (so definitely a post-lift x250, the interior looks exactly the same as in mine) with a post 2014 front (bumper, bonnet, headlights).

So, it is possible. The question is: for how much...

Back