Technical Ducato 8: Retrofitting adaptive cruise control

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato 8: Retrofitting adaptive cruise control

CwNd87

We are probably all aware of the issues that affected the production of Ducato (and siblings). Especially in the motorhome worlds, despite the orders, many vehicles were delivered without driving assistance features such as the adaptive cruise control.

Is anyone aware of any progress/news/rumors about retrofitting those features to vehicles that came without? Is it even crazy to think that it's a possibility?

I'm facing the same issue and they even didn't informed me that Fiat withdraw this ACC from my order (Camper van Adria). I asked at Fiat and they told me that it will not be possible since all SW/FW is related to delivered configuration and VIN. On top o that there is no front harness, radar, ACC module and additional buttons on steering wheel.
I hope in few years some one will offer aftermarket upgrade.

Sorry to hear that you get your vehicle without the ACC. It's frustrating to get a vehicle that you wait for many months in a configuration that doesn't make you happy. When did you order the vehicle? In Germany Adria doesn't even sell the ACC (advanced safety pack).

I believe Fiat still runs short of the required parts (I wonder if they ever delivered a vehicle with ACC), it will take some time for people to reverse engineer how it works.

No worries in the end I have my VAN ;), I ordered in September 2021 and wait 20 moths in Belgium according to Fiat specification the VAN is for German market.

Gotcha. I believe Adria removed the advanced safety packet (along with electric handbrake) from the 2023 price list. It was in the 2022 price list but apparently they couldn't keep up with it.

Cheers from a fellow Adria owner!

Attachments

• 23adriavan-preise.pdf
    675.4 KB · Views: 58
Back