5748296673_0681dc1435_b.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) Diesel HGT

Introduction

This is the other half's 1.9JTD HGT
It's hard to fault this car sporty handling and performance and average 53mpg
Had it about a year but it's not been exactly trouble free. 8 days after buying it some idiot drove into the side of it in the snow, then water pump failed pushing the cambelt through the plastic covers and wrecking it and the covers. A few weeks later the car wouldn't go into gear turned out that the big end oil seal had gone leaked all over the clutch and also destroyed the dual mass flywheel, since then the problems have been thankfully minor.

Not remapped it would like to but suspect that other half will only have it for another year it was just a run around for her so not really worth spending the money, Would be cool to bolt on the Saab tid head and bits for an instant 150bhp

The Camera was my Olympus E-PL1 with circular polarising filter which minimises reflections
Everyone knows red is the best colour, and that red cars go faster.. Scientific fact

Last edited:
Time to update this thread too

It all looked fantastic
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1400461331.824877.jpg

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1400461364.778665.jpg

Found another punto locally with a near identical number plate (not bad when you consider they where both registered 150miles away)
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1400461463.248585.jpg

But alas it wasn't to last

The back of this Audi
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1400461544.658934.jpg

Got in the way (of my other half not paying attention)
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1400461604.116437.jpg

The water fairies came and wanted to cut the roof off
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1400461681.629378.jpg
Sadly it was written off
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1400461735.856400.jpg

And replaced with this Mini Cooper D London edition
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1400461791.895092.jpg

The Punto was last seen on eBay being broken somewhere up north.

RIP little Punto

Last edited:
The red punto looked nice,
shame it got writen off, was inner wing/leg twisted,
it looks like on picture it couid of been sorted & given another chance, :(

ive seen worse go back on the road,

The red punto looked nice,
shame it got writen off, was inner wing/leg twisted,
it looks like on picture it couid of been sorted & given another chance, :(

ive seen worse go back on the road,

having the roof cut off tends to be terminal in my experience lol

They didn't cut the roof in the end because she was desperate to get the car back on the road, but there was some pretty serious damage to the chassis leg and the engine so it was terminal anyway which was a shame,

I should probably point out this was written off in February 2013 so was a while ago now, other half suffered a cracked sternum and some other bruises but otherwise ok

They didn't cut the roof in the end because she was desperate to get the car back on the road, but there was some pretty serious damage to the chassis leg and the engine so it was terminal anyway which was a shame,

I should probably point out this was written off in February 2013 so was a while ago now, other half suffered a cracked sternum and some other bruises but otherwise ok

(other half suffered a cracked sternum and some other bruises)
sorry to hear that

Back