Technical Daytime running lights

Currently reading:
Technical Daytime running lights

Johnrambo18

I have a 500 purchased only a few months ago. Only today someone pointed out to me that the daytime lights were not working, which I hadn't realised until now.
The manual suggests that there is a menu setting to deactivate them. The only thing I can find is See Navigation. Is this the setting, or what does this mean? Suggestions appreciated

Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing, The LED's are NOT the DRL, they are parking lights (sidelights?).
There's some confusion about that as most cars have LED DRLs nowadays. DRL is the 21 Watt incandescent bulb just above the H7 high beam bulb.

DRL should be on when the ignition is on and the main beam (or dipped beam) is off. They turn off when the main beam is turned on. (The LEDs will be on)
Fiat500_lampuntit.png

Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing, The LED's are NOT the DRL, they are parking lights (sidelights?).
There's some confusion about that as most cars have LED DRLs nowadays. DRL is the 21 Watt incandescent bulb just above the H7 high beam bulb.

DRL should be on when the ignition is on and the main beam (or dipped beam) is off. They turn off when the main beam is turned on. (The LEDs will be on)
View attachment 443863
Yes it's definitely the DRL. The head and side lights are OK. The lowest ones in the photo.

Attachments

• 20240426_083832.jpg
    20240426_083832.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
I guess this is what the mean by "see navigation"?

Thanks, that's very helpful. Although it didn't answer the See Navigation question, it did point me in the right direction. I was previously accessing the menu on the speedometer with the 3 button next to the dial. The video showed the centre display (radio etc) and the Settings button have an option for Lights, where indeed the DRL can be toggled on/off

Thanks, that's very helpful. Although it didn't answer the See Navigation question, it did point me in the right direction. I was previously accessing the menu on the speedometer with the 3 button next to the dial. The video showed the centre display (radio etc) and the Settings button have an option for Lights, where indeed the DRL can be toggled on/off
That's the screen for the navigation system (if your car has it). maybe Fiat assumed every buyer opted for it 😁

One thing this problem does show up is the lack of a comprehensive manual on the car. The short owner handbook supplied with the car is next to useless. There are some documents online but most refer to other versions (automatics) or earlier editions. Can anyone point to a better source of information?

An addendum to this in case anyone else has the same issue. The manual states that DRL can be toggled on/off in the settings, but seems to suggest this is accessed on the speedometer with the 3 buttons to the right. This is what confused me as my car does have a lights option on the speedometer. But as someone helpfully showed in a video above, there is another settings menu on the centre display and this is now where the lights option now resides.

An addendum to this in case anyone else has the same issue. The manual states that DRL can be toggled on/off in the settings, but seems to suggest this is accessed on the speedometer with the 3 buttons to the right. This is what confused me as my car does have a lights option on the speedometer. But as someone helpfully showed in a video above, there is another settings menu on the centre display and this is now where the lights option now resides.
im guessing that depends n the model of the audio unit?

Back