Technical Cab Heater

Currently reading:
Technical Cab Heater

Davegt79

I have a 2007 Ducato having problem with the cab heater there is just lukewarm heat coming from it the heater control will not go right round when turned fully round it just springs back same thing happens when turned to cold will not turn fully off or fully on cables must be sticking can anyone help is it a big job to replace the cables if that is the problem?

I have a 2007 Ducato having problem with the cab heater there is just lukewarm heat coming from it the heater control will not go right round when turned fully round it just springs back same thing happens when turned to cold will not turn fully off or fully on cables must be sticking can anyone help is it a big job to replace the cables if that is the problem?
I am only guessing , but I would say the flap is seized rather than the cable, although it can damage the cable because of it.
Is it possible to squirt some WD40 around the flap ends and work them from there to free them off?

I am only guessing , but I would say the flap is seized rather than the cable, although it can damage the cable because of it.
Is it possible to squirt some WD40 around the flap ends and work them from there to free them off?
Many thanks for your reply.

I can hear the flap open and close when I turn the control but I don’t know if it is opening and closing fully.

Many thanks for your reply.

I can hear the flap open and close when I turn the control but I don’t know if it is opening and closing fully.
They often work more than one flap or direction movement with the same control, so a plastic gear or flap could be sticking preventing full movement.
As an apprentice it used to be a time for me to get upside down under the dash with a torch to locate fault. Old age prevents that these days.:)

Wow premium jobs ...!!!

A friend of mine a few years back had worked in a village garage since school, the owners retiring, sold off the garage and premises [ which was large ] to a JCB franchise he was asked to stay on or take redundancy he opted to stay which he did, his first jobs were broken down Loadalls with shot powerpacks in pig slurry and mature silage pits ...6 mths later he left ........!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

The hydropacks and solenoids were accessed thro the side of the transmission where you had to sprawl or kneel to repair as they should not be moved otherwise it causes more damage ...!!

Back