General Bonnet cable gone?

Currently reading:
General Bonnet cable gone?

Hi everyone. I went to pop the bonnet up the other day and the switch is completely loose (not stiff like it normally is). I managed to locate the wire from underneath the car and tried to pull it towards the drivers side to pop it open but had no success. Does anyone know if there’s another way I can try and prize it open?

Thanks in advance

Unhook the cable from the ‘pull’ in footwell, just to check it’s not just stretched. If you feel some resistance then get someone to press the bonnet up n down whilst you’re pulling the cable.
If that doesn’t work then it’s back to what you were doing by trying to get to the cable from underneath

That's how the Punto 2 lock looks like:
1712830971591.png

I've marked in red how I think (based on other online photos I've found) the cable goes. As far as I can see, it is in unlocked position.

Once, years ago, beeing in need I've managed to open the bonnet of a C3 laying in front of the car, I've reached the lock with my hand along the radiator and pulled the lever, as the cable is pulling normally. Perhaps you'll be able to do the same?

The cable is normally attached quite high and having in mind that it is hanging on several plastic hooks it could be difficult to pull it enough to unlock.

Hi everyone. I went to pop the bonnet up the other day and the switch is completely loose (not stiff like it normally is). I managed to locate the wire from underneath the car and tried to pull it towards the drivers side to pop it open but had no success. Does anyone know if there’s another way I can try and prize it open?

Thanks in advance
There are some instructions on how to do this that you can get from forum member @dave if you first become a paid forum member by donating to the forum. The money does not go to Dave.

Back