Technical Airbag ECU

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag ECU

Jess414

I have had an airbag ecu fail so I sent it for repair and it is damaged beyond repair so I bought a new unit. It came today but has a sticker on it saying it requires proxy alignment to vehicle. What do I need to now ? More expense ?

Hi,

Help us help you.

Year of van?
Engine size / power?
Where you are in UK?
Base model of van? Ducato?

Regards
Jack

I think that's an offer to do the proxi alignment for you if you take it an hour away from you. Very kind of you Charlie.
No software gateway on a 2013 ducato makes it possible.
@Jess414
@varesecrazy = charlie

Sorry but I am confused, do I have an offer to do the proxi alignment ? Is this varesecrazy if so how do I arrange ?

As above - I met John yesterday, and got basic communication with the ELM cable,
Dash display seemed to have settled the flashing mileage

But I wasn't getting anything with the Airbag module

Images attatched
I couldn't figure out which build of Ducato, so wasn't confident in the cable arrangement required to make further attempts
(and my laptop battery was fading fast)

These images from the ELM cable
IMG_20240427_153246.jpg
IMG_20240427_153216.jpg
may give pointers

The MES vehicle list varies from both ELM and KKL, with several coloured cables

I am assuming the Ducato VIN will help tie down the build spec?

The listed errors :
John and I looked at the door mirrors, no obvious temp sensor ( could well be a replacement mirror unit.. With no sensor (I have seen that with repaired cars)

Glow plug.. The error code no doubt points to a specific fault, worth searching on here for previous threads / fixes, I fully agree it's not worth disturbing the 4 plugs at this point.. Could well be an electrical supply issue

This thread looks pretty relevant 🙂

Last edited:
VIN: ZFA25000002371951N. of parts: 03317748Engine: 1773743 Build date: 20130201 AM87CC2.3CMBDSGDXKW93

Back