Grande Punto Actuator

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Actuator

Damummy

How difficult is it to fit an actuator
I sent my for repair and the guy said after the repair it’s a case of plug & play
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks in advance

'Actuator' is a bit of a generic term for anything that 'actuates' something, so we really have no idea what you are asking.
As you seem to have removed it, and the repairer says it will be plug & play, I'd suggest, like it says in all good manuals, "refitting is a reverse of the removal".

Here you go @Damummy

'Actuator' is a bit of a generic term for anything that 'actuates' something, so we really have no idea what you are asking.
As you seem to have removed it, and the repairer says it will be plug & play, I'd suggest, like it says in all good manuals, "refitting is a reverse of the removal".
Thank you Portland_bill
The actuator is the clutch actuator in a dualogic semi automatic fiat grande Punto
To cut a long story short, the gear was stuck in neutral and the garage said it was the clutch actuator that needs
replacing/repairing so took it out and sent it for repair. Now the actuator is repaired and needs putting back hence the post
Many thanks once again

Here you go @Damummy

I have been told that it can be repaired and I have sent mine for repair but don’t know if it will work
Hopefully it will but at this point I just don’t know and don’t want to get my hopes high just in case

I have been told that it can be repaired and I have sent mine for repair but don’t know if it will work
Hopefully it will but at this point I just don’t know and don’t want to get my hopes high just in case

If its your OLD UNIT.. your car should recognise it without issue ..

Only time these things are problematic is when its necessary to fit a NEW part your car sees as an IMPOSTER ;-)

Do I need any special tools to do the job?
Many thanks

I think it may need to go through a 'relearn' or recalibration procedure, so it knows where the clutch bite point is. This will probably need software, either the dealer tool, or MultiECUscan (MES). Other diagnostic software may also do this, so your garage may have this, otherwise, you'll need to find someone local with MES. Wherever 'local' is.

Thanks once again. I will give it a shot myself and let you know what happens
Cheers for all your help

Theoretically, the control unit will not 'know' that the unit has been away, so will try to operate it with the same parameters as before. However, the hydraulics will need bleeding first.
MES has a list of functions, including clutch bleed, and a full reset/relearn.
Don't forget, the oils in the gearbox and hydraulic system are different.

Back