Styling Vent in a cinq bonnet

Currently reading:
Styling Vent in a cinq bonnet

You reckon a vent in a cinq bonnet would look any good??

Mase_abarth has a cool lil louvre on his> but i was thinking of whacking a scoop on the beasty.

Anyone got any pics of anything like that??

my plan is to get an old bonnet off a cinq s in a scrap yard> get it vented that way if its shocking i can keep the original.
Can always sell the vented bonnet. someone would buy it! :D

or u could do something different and do a vent like mine :D

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 40
jamie86 said:
Picky I know but Fimmo's vent is from an R19 Phase 2

Alex- How bout a 'grale style bonnet?

Ok ok..sorry..I dont claim to know Renaults / anything French.. I may be able to understand parts of the manual / read the VIN plate, but thats it!!

'Grale Bonnet...now theres an idea!!! [drool]

I am think that a big bonnet vent will just look like its trying to imitate a scooby, therefore look daft. Maybe i am wrong, dunno. I am just not a fan of big agressive styling mods on little cars.

Alex22 said:
Yer more discreet ones are better on small cars> whacking on subaru or Gti-R vents isn't always the answer.
Unless you own a ventless subaru or Gti-R lol! :D

Totally agree, out of place vents can look beyond ridiculous on the wrong car, (as an aside the Imprezza or GTiR vents are made redundant as soon as you want to get more power from those cars as the vents feed cold air to the intercooler which sits on top of the engine, but what actually happens is you up the boost, engine generates more heat which in turn soaks the intercooler making it useless, so to counter this you move it to the front of the car, aka like the proper rally slags, & integrale's of course :D )

For subtle vents, & ventrs that actually have worth at removing heat, these people are the best, http://www.coollouvres.com I know from my 5 GT Turbo days that many owners running hi boosts & therefore hi temperatures got amazing results from them. :cool:

I'm going to get some proper vents done after winter to ensure a cool Turbo Cinq in summer time :)

Aaron.

Back