Technical Y10 Race Car Rebuild

Currently reading:
Technical Y10 Race Car Rebuild

Oh....I'm very surprised to see this car still alive!!!! I thought it was scrapped years ago... :D

I'm very happy to see a new owner ready to love and race her... :D

Sorry for the lack of progress updates. Main reason is that there hasn't been much! House moves and the day job have taken up most of any spare time.

Won't be too much in the way of progress for the next couple of months but should get back on it from March onwards....

Dave
She ran 15s in race form, but should still fit OK
Haven't forgotten about searching for the Motec map - of all things, I need a floppy disk as seem to have no other way of getting the data off my old laptop. Its that antiquated, no USB, no Ethernet port, CD is read only! Think I used some form of PCMCIA (?) card for wifi in the old days but that's long disappeared. I still have a desktop with a floppy drive so could move to their, then use a wifi dongle to get off that! A bit complex - just can't seem to find a single floppy disk lying round the house
Trevor

Dave
She ran 15s in race form, but should still fit OK
Haven't forgotten about searching for the Motec map - of all things, I need a floppy disk as seem to have no other way of getting the data off my old laptop. Its that antiquated, no USB, no Ethernet port, CD is read only! Think I used some form of PCMCIA (?) card for wifi in the old days but that's long disappeared. I still have a desktop with a floppy drive so could move to their, then use a wifi dongle to get off that! A bit complex - just can't seem to find a single floppy disk lying round the house
Trevor

Thanks Trevor

No rush for the ECU map as there is plenty to do before it is needed :eek:

I thought that the wheels below were bigger than 15s. Must just look big in comparison to the size of a y10 :D

We are moving house in four weeks so I have been trying to get the race car back on its wheels. So I dropped a pile of bits off at the power coaters last week so that I can get the front suspension on.

From this

To this

Had to try to remember how the front suspension went back together but think it is right :confused:...

The engine bay has been painted white but not quite ready for its public unveiling just yet, so this is as much as you are getting to see :p...

Tried to get the Alfa wheels on the front but they won't clear the coil overs at their current height :bang:. Will need to get busy with a C spanner

A wee bit more progress to get the car ready to move :D

Will need to sort out the camber once I get to the final assembly stage but helpful to see how the new suspension looks

Didn't really need to bolt on the front bumper as it won't clear the ramp on the trailer but wanted to see what the new colour scheme looked like :D

Won't be doing much more to it now as it will be going outside under a cover so that we can use the garage to store boxes whilst we pack up the house.

But I night need to do something about the engine.......:idea:

In preparation for moving house on Friday, the engine and gearbox are off on a wee holiday to get stripped down to make sure they are all OK. One thing ticked off the packing list (y)

Once I get a report back on the condition of the internals I will be able to decide if this engine is a viable option or whether I should start shopping for a T-Jet :slayer:

Hello Dave,

How about this build ? I was following it because i'm building a similar setup, an Y10 turbo base with multipoint GT injection. Everythng is fitted into a fiat 127 MK4 (Brazil), building stage is testfitting everything....

Might you be willing to share some info on wiring and maybe an ECU map for the Motec ? Any info on the gearbox setup ?

It's quite a project you have there, but is there an update since March ?

Greets from the lowland across the channel..

Arno

Hi Arno

Virtually zero progress on the race car since we moved house in March. The guys that have the engine and gearbox appear to have done very little with them since I delivered them to their workshop. Should have sent them to an expert like VmanC

I don't have a map for the MoTec at the moment but hopefully one may materialise from nyssa7 Failing that there is a rolling road no too far from me that have the old software for the M4.

I do want to get the car back together soon but really need the engine back before it can progress.

Your message has given me a kick to get on the phone to the garage on Monday!

Cheers

Dave

Do you have a workshop manual for the GTie 1.3 engine Dave?

Could do with a few scanned pages to help diagnose the now refusing to even turn over Gertie on the drive :(

Such a shame I got less than a week out of her running well!

Sorry to hear that Gertie is not running sweet. Unfortunately my workshop manual only covers the 1000 FIRE 1050 Touring and 1050 Turbo. Don't have anything on the 1300 GTie engine.

Hopefully it is just a simple earthing problem and nothing more serious.

Good luck

Dave

Hey there, been a while before i got/took the time to re-login. How's progress on this build ? By the way, is your setup running the stock internal wastegate or has it been converted to external ?

Back