Technical SUNROOF PROBLEM FIAT 500 REPAIR

Currently reading:
Technical SUNROOF PROBLEM FIAT 500 REPAIR

vaso

Hi everyone i have a problem with my car's sunroof. Suddenly the sunroof did not tilt while the sound of the motor was heard. Only if I pushed it would it close a little. The button to open worked normally and the sunroof opened. I went to a mechanic, he turned it off manually, I don't know how, and he told me that the car wiring harness is probably broken. But I can't find anyone to make it. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I found a car wiring harness on ebay but I don't know if it is easy to change. only one mechanic told me that this service costs about 800 euros only to change the car wiring harness . Please helpppp

Hi everyone i have a problem with my car's sunroof. Suddenly the sunroof did not tilt while the sound of the motor was heard. Only if I pushed it would it close a little. The button to open worked normally and the sunroof opened. I went to a mechanic, he turned it off manually, I don't know how, and he told me that the car wiring harness is probably broken. But I can't find anyone to make it. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I found a car wiring harness on ebay but I don't know if it is easy to change. only one mechanic told me that this service costs about 800 euros only to change the car wiring harness . Please helpppp
Personally I would try to access the manual "over ride" that most electric roofs have. It may be in your service manual/handbook.
Often this is behind a plastic cover near where the motor sits.
If you can locate this an manually try to operate roof without forcing it and it works without any funny noises etc. then I would look into the motor/wiring switch/fuses etc.
However if horrible noises and roof not working properly when trying to operate manually , then any thing else first is a waste of time.
I repaired a roof on a Citroen Pluriel some years ago, most of the problems were related to the plastic cogs and gear cables that drives it rather than electric motor operation which unless jammed is unlikely to fail as gets very little use to wear out.
The Citroen one took me a long time and Citroen Dealers admitted they try to avoid them at all costs due to the hassle.:)

Back