So this is what Fiat/Stellantis has been working so hard on...

Currently reading:
So this is what Fiat/Stellantis has been working so hard on...

Well, looks like Fiat weren't worried about competing with any of the usual rivals this whole time! They weren't just ignoring the EV development trends like everyone else was working at... they were going right for the top! Aimed squarely at Elon Musk himself.

But of course, reviving a true Fiat icon in the process.

Introducing the Fiat Cyber-pla!

Joking of course.

Came across this on Facebook last night. Not my work!

Hope it gives you a laugh!

Attachments

• IMG_7437.jpg
    IMG_7437.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 46
I was down in england recently, and saw stellanis name on a fiat garage, seem s to be just a down south thing so far.

Well, looks like Fiat weren't worried about competing with any of the usual rivals this whole time! They weren't just ignoring the EV development trends like everyone else was working at... they were going right for the top! Aimed squarely at Elon Musk himself.

Joking of course.

Laugh? Pass the bucket! Its awful. Someone cover it up please.

Joking of course.

Crikey..
That deserves a Star.. 😆

No actually.. It would better suit A DIAMOND 😉

I was down in england recently, and saw stellanis name on a fiat garage, seem s to be just a down south thing so far.

I went a Bit "off piste" last week, and Drove past a village garage with Abarth and FIAT above the door..

No obvious mention of Stellantis..
But It also sold "foreign cars" (maybe Dacia and MG..?) EDIT.. MINI..?

Potentially a Stellantis badge would be old PSA and FCA brands..?? 🤔

Amusingly.. (to me..)
it's on BATH ROAD (near Bath..)

FIAT and Alfa were always BATH Road, Slough IIRC.. @70 Miles away

Last edited:
I went a Bit "off piste" last week, and Drove past a village garage with Abarth and FIAT above the door..

No obvious mention of Stellantis..
But It also sold "foreign cars" (maybe Dacia and MG..?) EDIT.. MINI..?

Potentially a Stellantis badge would be old PSA and FCA brands..?? 🤔

Amusingly.. (to me..)

FIAT and Alfa were always BATH Road, Slough IIRC.. @70 Miles away
They used to be a Vauxhall dealer, and have recently added all the rest of the badges, so now displaying Fiat, Abarth, Vauxhall, Peugeot and Citroen. I think they may also have a DS sign too.

That will explain why I had not heard of them, 🤔

Most Vauxhall dealers 1.5 hours from home have that mystique 😉
Prior to them taking on the additional franchises, Fiat was not represented in that area. There used to be a very large Fiat dealer, just a mile or so away, at the top of Brislington Hill, almost opposite the National Tyres depot, but they shut down, and the site cleared very suddenly one weekend.

There's quite a bit of oddness going on at the moment in the group in general..

I present a still from the walk around video supplied during my MOT and service at the supplying dealer.

Screenshot_20240911-184800~2.jpg

Nothing odd about it.... except the Giulia lounging in the background because in the world of Stellantis. This is not a Citroën dealer anymore oh no it's an Alfa Romeo and DS dealer.

Of course if you turn up with a Citroën they are still qualified to work on it and provide warranty repairs...

P. B. and I had a longstanding dealership in Abingdon.. (Home of British MG) 😉

My new purchase 169 panda went there for its Warranty Service

The guy doing the work was in Citroen overalls, 🤔

An hour later they handed me the keys, but nobody could locate the car (no remote back then..) 🙄

It turned up in a row of Transit vans in their back compound

None of this shocks me now.. 😉

At least it's a case of the techs only have to know one engine and electrical system pretty much...

If you buy a 40 grand DS or Alfa junior now it has a version of the engine we have...and all DS cars going back to 2019 have been available with the 1.2.

Same would apply if you brought them a recent Vauxhall, Peugeot or the Fiat 600 so it's marginally less scary as the cars have a lot in common. Though I'm not sure I'd want to be the first guy bringing them a guilia to work on..

Last edited:
Same would apply if you brought them a recent Vauxhall, Peugeot or the Fiat 600 so it's marginally less scary as the cars have a lot in common. Though I'm not sure I'd want to be the first guy bringing them a guilia to work on..
Probably easier now with the mush of blandess in all the cars. About 10 years ago I took my calibra to local garage to get the wheel alignment done, after 5 mnutes he came back to ask what kind of car it was....

Probably easier now with the mush of blandess in all the cars. About 10 years ago I took my calibra to local garage to get the wheel alignment done, after 5 mnutes he came back to ask what kind of car it was....

Aye but if you told him it was a Vauxhall cavalier GSI with ideas above it's station he'd have known exactly what he was doing..

Aye but if you told him it was a Vauxhall cavalier GSI with ideas above it's station
nah, the 4x4 turbo is rightly above the gsi, and from memory i think the alignment is different to the gsi. You assume they'd know what a cavalier was too

I wonder if this incoming dealer re-shuffle had anything to do with a long term Citroen dealer near me (now Vauxhall and Citroen) losing its purpose built DS Dealership... very big, fancy building with tinted windows. Probably the finest dealership this side of the few Mercedes sites in Belfast... Now a Hyundai, fancy DS textured cladding panels pulled off the exterior (clips still exposed), window tint removed, nice fancy tiling removed for basic white. The old Hyundai dealer down the road closed months prior... perhaps they made a better offer selling Motability cars locally than Stellantis were able to compete with, as I presume DS these days is slower moving and even slower in converting the usual Audi / Merc buyers across.

Shame, as a joint Alfa / DS dealer in that spot would have been most welcome!!!

At least Fiat parts will be easier to come by across the country now. Even if... eventually, those Fiat parts are simply Peugeot part bin parts..

Amusingly.. (to me..)
You're not the only one... I make the same old tired joke to whoever I'm with...

"College Avenue"... on the drive past the university "I wonder why they called it that!"
"Guildhall Street" (street in Londonderry right beside the Guildhall, the sign is attached to it) ... "I wonder why they named it that.."

...it makes me laugh, right?! haha

Bath Road.. Blame the Romans

It's the A4 major UK trunk road, large elements are Very Old.

Similar to Ermin Street, Watling Street

Been in use for literally Hundreds of years

There Is a pub, in a village on the A4, BOTH called "Halfway", Mid-distance between Bristol (or Bath..?) and London

Pre Motorway network, this roads must have been Hugely busy (its lovely and wide..)

Back