Scuderia's New Everyday Mottah

Currently reading:
Scuderia's New Everyday Mottah

Hi All,

Well i traded in my 9 year old Renault Espace 2.0 16v that Ive now owned for 5 years in for a newer car,So i thought i would share my new Mottah with you,

05 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser,its fitted with the supercharged 1796cc K engine,46k with full service history,

Cheers Scuderia

richard33dees said:
Very nice! Big difference between that an a Espace

Cheers,

Yeah there sure is :) ,believe it or not i traded in a Merc a C180 Classic of the same colour for the Espace and being in the market for a new car after owning the Renault for 5 years when i seen this one i had to have it!,as you do,i had been looking at a few Alfa's Brera's but they were a little out my price range so the Merc it was,

Cheers Scuderia

richard33dees said:
are they fairly economical?

Hi

Its not any worse than my Espace, weighing in at 2008kg 408+kg heaver than the Espace its about 24/29 mpg round about town and about 40+ on the motorway,but to be honest ive not yet done a true test,iam not hard footed either so that helps,

Cheers Scuderia

As said on FB, looks like a nice clean example and far better than the default silver. Been tempted to go for a ye olde 190 a few times myself as I've always loved the shape but keep erring more towards a BM e30 as I'm more of a Beemer person at heart I guess :laugh:

Ive had a few BMW's myself over the years but i much prefer the Merc,I bought a near new 1990 2 door 3 series 316 lux in white which i loved as well as 92 2 door 3 series 325i in red which was 3 years old when i bought it but it broke my heart and bank account with repairs,that said i was young so it always got a heard time...as you do,

Cheers Scuderia

Very nice Don, good health to both you and the car to enjoy each other. Oh and well done for not being silver, us old guys have enough grey on top of our heads lol ;)

tifosotony said:
Very nice Don, good health to both you and the car to enjoy each other. Oh and well done for not being silver, us old guys have enough grey on top of our heads lol ;)

Cheers pal,the colour sets this car off a treat,you need to see it in the flesh to see how nice it really is but it sure beats some of colours that Mercedes produce!, its called Fire Opel Red 590,

lmao.......the youngsters often say to me.... dad your going vary gray on the sides,i just reply thats what happens when you develop wisdom!,or better still.....i wonder why that is eh,

Cheers Don

YcMing said:
Tidy mate :) . Looks comfy as!!!! Seriously as my age is increasing, am looking more and more into the comfort factor :) .

Oh and did you trade the car in with all the stickers on it :D !?

Mng

Cheers Ming,

Nothing wrong with a little comfort as you age mate!,Yeah i traded in the Renault,it was up on mot this week and after owning it for 5 years there was no shame in it....it was just time to go apart from that i bought it to tow the caravan and the space we needed but seeing as we left the caravan world behind us as they kids have pretty much left school and grown up there was no need for the 7 sets anymore!,

Cheers Scuderia

Hi All,

Well believe it or not thats now been a year from i bought this car....Crazy, so its that time of the year!.......the dreaded MOT,its booked for a week on Tuesday so i thought it was about time i gave this Kompresser a good service,plugs,air filter,fuel filter,,pollen filter,oil filter,AUX belt and 6l of new oil,

I don't do big miles, only about 3k a year and the car is now sitting on 49k but the brakes on this car were also in need of changing!......to be honest they were not in good shape at all :( ,so ive treated it to a new set of all round disc's,new all round pads and a new set of parking brake shoes,which has now all been done apart from the oil change, which iam going to do this morning,that just leaves me to give it a good seeing to with soap and water,

Fingers crossed is passes guys and girls,

All the best Don

don't ya just hate MOTs! How much did the oil for the MB set ya back? Just priced it up for the bm, £46.99 per 4l an the thirsty bar steward needs 5.5l, typical pmsl

richard33dees said:
don't ya just hate MOTs! How much did the oil for the MB set ya back? Just priced it up for the bm, £46.99 per 4l an the thirsty bar steward needs 5.5l, typical pmsl

Hi,

The Kompresser is the same it needs 5.5l,that price to me is a little steep?,i bought mine many months ago but at a guess i think i payed £50ish for 2 x 5l Miller Oil 5w30 fully synthetic online?,

Its the plugs that get me.....£43 gulp! lmfao,don't get me wrong i don't mind paying for parts but £43 for 4 Iridium plugs is taking the p!ss,that said my friends WRX Subaru costs more that for his plugs lol,

Well that's the oil change now done,that just leaves me to get it all cleaned up now for next weeks test which i hope to get done later this week?,

Cheers Don

Back