Technical Rust rust rust

Currently reading:
Technical Rust rust rust

Was attacking it with a wire brush then a scraper and well its not good looks like welding will be done soon :bang:

Bugger mot next week !!!!

Attachments

• rusty rust rust.jpg
    rusty rust rust.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 185
  • 253328_Fred-CGI.jpg
    253328_Fred-CGI.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Nobody seems to be having much luck with their punto's, with rust.

I think I'm going to have to set about undersealing my car, I already had some welding done last year on seatbelt anchorage points.

well been to a few garages today for quotes on welding it up and sealing it all up ............................ there was more rust then metal i think looked worse when up in the air !!

£300 to get whole underside done ****** :bang:

Adz

Nobody seems to be having much luck with their punto's, with rust.

I think I'm going to have to set about undersealing my car, I already had some welding done last year on seatbelt anchorage points.

cavity wax
http://www.bilthamber.com/dynaxs50.html

they also do an underbody paint but its not listed on their website so you have to phone them for details (y)

My subframe is also looking pretty shabby when it comes to rust, gonna take some hammerite to it. It literally is a case of fix it again tomorrow for me at the minute, replace one part, notice another has gone duffer.

My Mk1 punto went from the front of the sill (nearside) to the cross-spar under the front seat. I had to weld a plate in over a foot long in there. My old tipo never rsuted on an m reg that lived by the sea all its life and my stilo has been bare metal on both front wing bottoms for over 2 years with no rust (paints flaked off due to intense stone chipping).

Shame - they'll have ford ka fame soon for rust (n)

Jordan

My subframe is also looking pretty shabby when it comes to rust, gonna take some hammerite to it. It literally is a case of fix it again tomorrow for me at the minute, replace one part, notice another has gone duffer.

Haha same for me Ive been fixing things for its mot , everytime i do one job i find 4 more .........

Back