image.jpg

Panda 2012+ Pete

4x4 twin air

Introduction

Since I’ve owned Pete it’s costed a lot of money the last owner drove it into the ground but it’s took me nearly two years and I’ve finally got it to were Iam over the moon with it
What needed to be done?
Hi Anthony were do I start it just needed everything I live in Northern Ireland they aren’t that many over here so I bought it in Blackpool and drove it home I started at the bottom and worked my way through it discs pads shocks and springs I’ve replaced the timing chain kit plus three months ago I replaced the DMF and clutch kit I’ve found here that motor factors don’t stock that many parts for them I’ve used my local main deal for a lot of items plus eBay and I’ve started using shop4parts Iam so glad I bought a twinair

Hi Anthony were do I start it just needed everything I live in Northern Ireland they aren’t that many over here so I bought it in Blackpool and drove it home I started at the bottom and worked my way through it discs pads shocks and springs I’ve replaced the timing chain kit plus three months ago I replaced the DMF and clutch kit I’ve found here that motor factors don’t stock that many parts for them I’ve used my local main deal for a lot of items plus eBay and I’ve started using shop4parts Iam so glad I bought a twinair

Hi Gerry
You posted a thread back in February “TwinAir DMF Replacement” (early ones had a known fault with poor quality plastic components I think, later fixed by Fiat improving the quality) and concerns were raised that buying a replacement might just be buying the original poor quality ones rather than the later (fixed) versions.
So when you say “three months ago I replaced the DMF” how did you ensure it was the later updated version +what sort of price?
Cheers
Jim

Hi Gerry
You posted a thread back in February “TwinAir DMF Replacement” (early ones had a known fault with poor quality plastic components I think, later fixed by Fiat improving the quality) and concerns were raised that buying a replacement might just be buying the original poor quality ones rather than the later (fixed) versions.
So when you say “three months ago I replaced the DMF” how did you ensure it was the later updated version +what sort of price?
Cheers
Jim

Hi Jim the short answer is I couldn’t ensure it was the latest updated version because of stock I couldn’t fine a DMF or clutch kit anywhere I finally got a flywheel from Germany and a clutch kit here in Northern Ireland it was new old stock price together was £415 labour £250

Loving the red details and the decals, did you add those? Smokey grey allows really set it off too. I remember my old Panda as well, wasn't so cared for in the past so took me a while and many DIY jobs to bring it up. Yours is looking well, gotta love a 4x4 as well
Yes I bought the decals from Italy would you believe nearly £160 for all Iam still after the trim for the tip of the exhaust and there’s and organiser you got for the inside to hold pens and coins but they are like hen’s teeth

Back