New Feature Onboarding Tasks

Currently reading:
New Feature Onboarding Tasks

welcomeonboard.jpg

I've added a new onboarding feature to the forum now which give new users a basic list of tasks to complete.

This not only serves to help out the mod team (less questions to answer) but also allows me to show off various features of the site that new people might not find unless told :) On the flip side, it also allows me to alert older members to new features that are subsequently added :D

If you're an existing member, there's a good chance nothing will change for you, as if all tasks are completed then it will disappear - but if you want to know, it looks like this:

1716304880163.png

As you can see, the current tasks are:
  1. Create a thread in the Newbie Lounge
  2. Upload a vehicle to the forum garage
  3. Give someone an award
  4. Write a review of your local garage
  5. Write a repair guide (optional)
  6. Buy a forum car sticker (optional)
Optional tasks can be cleared by clicking the X icon next to them, whereas non-optional tasks will stay up there until complete :)

For a full list, they can all be found here.

Dear Ben, good idee i think, but a review of a localgarage is for someone like me who does all the work itself not possible, Just a thought (y)

Again i do my own except cambelt and traveled 120miles couldnt concider recomending local fiat pro when they were still part of the system.

Just for you guys I've added a few extra categories:

• Cleaning/Detailing - Covers anything from pros to just the local car wash
  • Parts Store - Here's a catch all that any (physical) car related shop can go
  • MOT Station - And for everyone in the UK who does all their own work, you still need to get your MOT each year - so here you go for that :p

Again, once it's filled up a bit more I'll remove the requirement - but it would be nice to try and get a few more things in there before that. I even gave everything a nice custom icon now :D

Back