General New Tipo 1.0

Currently reading:
General New Tipo 1.0

007Seats

I test drove a 1.0 Tipo Cross on a 73 plate, and was left feeling underwhelmed - not by the drive though.

It's the fact that it's had so many features deleted from the 22 plate equivalent model.

No android auto/car play, no parking sensors, no lumber adjustment, no blind spot indicators, no LED lights... and that's just what I noticed. And the salesman told me the SatNav no longer has traffic and is no longer able to update - is that correct?

It's comfortable and relatively nippy for a small engine, but so sparsely equipped, I'm now having second thoughts.

The driver's door seal was faulty too - meaning there was so much wind noise from the top of the window.

I can't understand why Fiat would take away so many features - it's not like it's selling in volume?

Fiat never really bothered with the Tipo over here, to the point where I wondered why they bothered at all.

I had a Tipo Diesel and it was really good, far better than even Fiat would have you believe

Its no surprise to me that this has happened, unfortunately.

If you're not sure, walk away

I was looking at Tipo's before I got my Panda & when I looked at one upfront & sat in it, I was really underwhelmed, it was just soo bland & boring that I didn't even go for a drive in one & then I walked over to a Panda in the showroom, sat in it & thought this is much nicer than that, I remember I went to Bishop's Fiat in Guildford before that & they had a year old Tipo 1.4 estate which would be the one I'd go for if I did have to have one as to me its better looking than the hatchback, i said to the dealer how much for that & he came & went £7k, I went are you having a laugh it's got a massive gouge going right across the front on both wings & the bonnet, I didn't bother with that one & walked away 😂

Last edited:
Back