IMG_20130120_135047.jpg

Seicento My Little Red Sei...

Introduction

Well this is my pretty much standard Red(ish) Seicento...

I've had it since September last year, was at 71,000 miles and we're now up to 78,000 and now going stronger than ever :)

I haven't done much yet, mainly due to my insurance being so high since I'm 18.

Had an oil change & an ITG Foam Filter. Also got a new clutch and rear wheel bearings along with a new handbrake cable.

And of course I had to fit Abarth centre caps and black/red floor mats ;)

I've got some drilled discs and new OMP Sport pads to go on sometime soon.

(Sorry about the picture quality, I used my phone)

Edit:
thumbnailfiat.jpg
Reactions: blu73 and Sir16v
At the moment I'm blaming the worn out nankangs I have on the rear and the fact the pads must be worn as they've been in there a fair while. The Maxxis on the front are incredible in comparison. Before the rear brakes were done it was relatively easy to lock up the fronts when they were hot, I'm running omp road and sport pads at the moment. I will point out it passed the MOT in this condition a few weeks ago lol

Due to living in bum**** nowhere I ran over another bird on my way home (luckily not quite pheasant size) although my fog light has stopped working and the radiator basically fell out again so that's something to do today.... I do wish they wouldnt run out just as I go past at least then braking would be an option

Last edited:
Best to have 4 good tyres, but if you have to run a bum pair, although it's counter-intuitive, run them on the front. Vid on you tube with Vicky Butler-Henderson shows you why.

I once met someone out in the Welsh Marches who had wiped out an Abarth front end and a foglight hitting something as light as a chicken!

Last edited:
At the moment I'm blaming the worn out nankangs I have on the rear and the fact the pads must be worn as they've been in there a fair while. The Maxxis on the front are incredible in comparison. Before the rear brakes were done it was relatively easy to lock up the fronts when they were hot, I'm running omp road and sport pads at the moment. I will point out it passed the MOT in this condition a few weeks ago lol

Due to living in bum**** nowhere I ran over another bird on my way home (luckily not quite pheasant size) although my fog light has stopped working and the radiator basically fell out again so that's something to do today.... I do wish they wouldnt run out just as I go past at least then braking would be an option

Should've gone spec savers, you might have missed it! ;)

Best to have 4 good tyres, but if you have to run a bum pair, although it's counter-intuitive, run them on the front. Vid on you tube with Vicky Butler-Henderson shows you why.

I once met someone out in the Welsh Marches who had wiped out an Abarth front end and a foglight hitting something as light as a chicken!
Agreed, i usually kill the front pair of tyres, get 2 new ones and stick them on the back and move the ones from the rear to the front. And not only for safety reasons - i find if you leave the rears on they get so old they start cracking and stuff before they wear out.

Agreed, i usually kill the front pair of tyres, get 2 new ones and stick them on the back and move the ones from the rear to the front. And not only for safety reasons - i find if you leave the rears on they get so old they start cracking and stuff before they wear out.

In a couple of months I shall be getting another pair of maxxis to go on the front and move my fronts to the rear so I have a full set.

Today was a total fail really. Had the wheels, bumper and inner arches out to sort the radiator out so it stops dropping out, sorted that problem so now its reasonably secure. The slimline fan I ordered turned up too so that went on and I replaced the 30A fuse for it again, so now I have a cooling fan for the first time since roughly December. Stangely the standard mpi fan still works so it must have just been a dodgy connection :bang:

Just fitted:
IMAG0463.jpg

Anyway when I got the car home again the mounting ties had melted a little and the fan partially fell out and now obviously won't go back on since it's all mushy plastic. :cry: This has greatly wound me up so I've messaged the bloke to see if I can get a refund or a metal mounting kit that can cope with the heat of an actual radiator :mad:

To top it all off the front bumper mounts are all ****ed, I have no bolts at all on the drivers side as they have all sheared off and the passenger side ones are there but just spin in the holes :bang: So it's partly mounted on and cable tied, I will probably be looking for a black plastic mpi bumper to fit in a few months since no red one will be the right colour.

IMAG04712.jpg

I will be ordering some new pads shortly that should hopefully return some of the bias to the front brakes since the current pads aren't exactly new.

Does anyone have any recommendations for pads? If not I will be getting another set of OMP road and sport pads. :slayer:

Front pads or new master cylinder?

Last edited:
Yet another update.....

A new Pagid master cylinder is on the way, a rear brake fitting kit (springs etc) and 1 litre of Ford genuine super DOT 4 fluid (Cheap on ebay). Also Lecook is donating some newer rear wheel cylinders (y)

This should mean the car is happy by next weekend and I will be broke for just over a month....

IMAG04691.jpg

Tomorrow I will have a go at getting the mpi fan (Valeo! :D ) refitted without removing the front bumper which could be ... interesting.... :bang:

I just hope throwing money at it will fix things.

Last edited:
Well the universal fan has been bodged in nice and solidly with some cable ties so thats sorted. I pikey-ed a horn from the punto (probably doesn't sound any less gay), I will get that fitted at the weekend. Despite massive oil leaks everywhere I don't seem to have lost any oil :D I'm going to ignore it all aside from the rocker cover as I may aswell wait a few months until a 1242 can be acquired.

The car got a wash at the weekend with Lecook :

IMAG04812.jpg

IMAG0479.jpg

IMAG04973.jpg

I will need to get an ARB bracket from somewhere at a later date, Unto.pl I guess. This will be needed when the poly bushes go on the front since mine was bodged back together with a homemade bracket from the garage a little while back.

Does anyone know if/where I could get myself a new plastic mpi front bumper from?

Hopefully the master cylinder etc and the lower brace from fingers99 will be here before the weekend!

I also got a nice little reminder of how pathetic the nankangs are on my car this morning as I slid past the exit to the roundabout backwards... :eek:

Last edited:
Well after yesterdays failure at putting the brace on it's on today! The holes needed widening as the brace was too short to bolt on however it's now fitted and rather awesome!! :D

It handles really well, there are a little more vibrations which is to be expected but this means I can now feel the road through the wheel alot better. I think there is a little more road noise too. There is no longer any s***ty axle tramp if you make a fast start, just proper wheel spin. Also it accelerates much smoother on bumpy roads and is less unsettled by bumps. The steering feels a bit more precise and sharp in general :woot:

Most of all it no longer feels like the front wheels are folding up under the weight of the car in a hard corner, it has way more grip and I can now actually feel the tyres letting go whereas before the car would understeer much sooner and you couldn't really feel what was happening at the wheels.

IMAG0520.jpg

Main point - it's superb and I can now take roundabouts much faster. Downside being even more possibility of oversteer in the wet :eek:

IMAG0518.jpg

Next on the list will be an upper brace :slayer:

* I've been reminded to mention that - "my brace was fitted at Ant and Donk's Garage so all my other fiat bum boys will come down to fit their ebay s**t"

Last edited:
Today the sei was treated to a new master cylinder, the pedal feels slightly better although no higher up. The old fluid was OLD and my nipples are worn out :(

Are they M8 x 1.25?

New pads should be here later in the week too :)

Attachments

• 1398634974278.jpg
    1398634974278.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 1398634993372.jpg
    1398634993372.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 1398635008556.jpg
    1398635008556.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 50
Today the sei was treated to a new master cylinder, the pedal feels slightly better although no higher up. The old fluid was OLD and my nipples are worn out :(

Are they M8 x 1.25?

New pads should be here later in the week too :)

Haha worn out nipples ;P

* I've been reminded to mention that - "my brace was fitted at Ant and Donk's Garage so all my other fiat bum boys will come down to fit their ebay s**t"

haha Donk.... what an absolute leged pmsl cany wait to get mine fitted :) .... engine out tomorrow for imola... may even hijack some of your time next :)

Been a whole load of bother but your girls car is deffo starting to come together :)

Lee

Fitted my new Ferodo pads on the front this evening, hopefully they will be as good as the OMP Road and Sport pads, at least when they're cold. The OMP pads were great when they were hot but hard to get hot in the first place. They were awful when cold and now rather worn in comparison.. if this doesn't bring the pedal up when they've bedded in I don't know what will...

My Febi Bilstien rear wheel cylinders have turned up too so maybe they will go on this weekend :)

Attachments

• 1398885311846.jpg
    1398885311846.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 1398885330362.jpg
    1398885330362.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Let me know how you get on with the ferodo pads mate! I still need to overhaul my rear brakes and now need to fix 4 arches after my dukes of hazard stunt

Oh and this fell off earlier.... Just after I overtook someone so I had to stop in shame as they drove by while I removed it from under the car :(

I don't run heat shields on mine... i probably should but i ripped them off when them rattling off the exhaust got too annoying, plus one less thing to fall off :p

Back