Technical Installing A/C to seicento 2004

Currently reading:
Technical Installing A/C to seicento 2004

Stfakdj

Hi, I want to install A/C, electric windows, and electric power steering. I have a donor car with all of that. The windows and electric steering don't seem that hard, but I need help with the A/C. What parts should I replace?

I am repairing/rebuilding a non working A/C unit for my 1994 Cinquecento 900 salvaged from a scrapyard.
The parts you want is everything that's on the donor car and is attached to the A/C unit mechanically and electrically,that's what I did. I assume that you have the exact same model with the donor but without the a/c. There's a slight chance you need the ecu also if there is in anyway communicating with the a/c unit.A modification to your cable harness to power the a/c is possible.

I am repairing/rebuilding a non working A/C unit for my 1994 Cinquecento 900 salvaged from a scrapyard.
The parts you want is everything that's on the donor car and is attached to the A/C unit mechanically and electrically,that's what I did. I assume that you have the exact same model with the donor but without the a/c. There's a slight chance you need the ecu also if there is in anyway communicating with the a/c unit.A modification to your cable harness to power the a/c is possible.
So that is my question, because the donor car's engine is removed and parts like the A/C compressor are in the trunk. That is why I am asking for a list of parts.

Many older cars had a different looms for ac versions, and completely different heater boxes.

Generally it's cheaper to buy a car with aircon than convert, but if you have the time and donor, go for it. Electrical drawings would be a start to see the difference.

Fairly obviously you will need all the parts from the ac system, compressor, condenser, pipes fill ports wires any mounting brackets for the compressor, then in the car you’ll likely need the whole heater box dash wiring loom and switches.

As also stated above you may need the engine ECU which may also mean you need the body computer and any other bits of the immobiliser system unless you have the means to reprogram this

It is a lot of work best broken down into chunks over several days or weeks depending on how much time you have to dedicate to it.

If you have a donor car with everything installed then it might be worth just swapping everything over to the good car strip all the wiring looms from the car and move it over. Alternatively if it’s just the engine that is bad in the donor, moving your good engine over to the donor car would probably take about a day

Hi everyone, if I decide to go through with all that, I'll post an update.

I could generally list you the parts but you have to adapt the list to the seicento. In the Cinquecento the a/c most of the times was fitted to the central Fiat dealer. In seicento I think it was from the factory. That's why in the cinq the controls and everything seemed to be not fully integrated but something extra,and in the sei were more refined.

Back