Technical Fiat 600 with an A112AB engine

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 600 with an A112AB engine

Cliffbeer

Hello,

I recently inherited a Fiat 600 with an A112AB engine. I believe this is the 1,050cc engine from an Autobianchi, which was installed in some 600 racers. The car is currently non-running (no 12V at the coil). I have the 600 workshop manual and it's helpful.

I'm a good mechanic - have worked on/rebuilt Porsche, Lotus, Ferrari, Maserati, mg, etc. I do my own work from engine rebuilds to full restorations. In other words, I do this work with my own hands, I don't pay others to do it for me.

I'm not familiar with Fiat. In particular, I'm not familiar with 600's. I understand the basic concept of the car - engine, transaxle, suspension, etc.

I'm wondering if the A112AB is a common engine swap for the 600....? And, if so, what are the main points to be aware of? Is this a desirable engine swap?

After a bit of cranking the oil light goes out so I'm guessing oil pressure is built. There's no spark as some of the wiring looks like it needs to be attended to. I plan on educating myself a bit on this particular 600 and this particular engine...but if anyone can help or point to reference sources I would really appreciate it.

Hi

I used to have a 600D many many years go. I recently uploaded the owner's manual here:

https://www.fiatforum.com/downloads/categories/600-classic.64/

Unlike modern manuals it contains some service info, technical drawings/info and wiring diagrams.

As for the A112AB engine it is I think the 112 Abarth 70HP engine as below.

A112AB-Engine.jpg

Hey @Cliffbeer. Great 600 you inherited there... and welcome! I am down in Portland and have a 600. If you are ever in my area, let me know.

This is a lovely forum, but I wouldn't say there is a large contingent of 600 folks that post regularly. It is pretty sleepy, for the most part. The folks that do post are great and very helpful. The few of us on here will help where we can!

Hey @Cliffbeer. Great 600 you inherited there... and welcome! I am down in Portland and have a 600. If you are ever in my area, let me know.

This is a lovely forum, but I wouldn't say there is a large contingent of 600 folks that post regularly. It is pretty sleepy, for the most part. The folks that do post are great and very helpful. The few of us on here will help where we can!
North Wales, UK to Portland is a little too far to be in your area.

Hello,

I recently inherited a Fiat 600 with an A112AB engine. I believe this is the 1,050cc engine from an Autobianchi, which was installed in some 600 racers. The car is currently non-running (no 12V at the coil). I have the 600 workshop manual and it's helpful.

I'm a good mechanic - have worked on/rebuilt Porsche, Lotus, Ferrari, Maserati, mg, etc. I do my own work from engine rebuilds to full restorations. In other words, I do this work with my own hands, I don't pay others to do it for me.

I'm not familiar with Fiat. In particular, I'm not familiar with 600's. I understand the basic concept of the car - engine, transaxle, suspension, etc.

I'm wondering if the A112AB is a common engine swap for the 600....? And, if so, what are the main points to be aware of? Is this a desirable engine swap?

After a bit of cranking the oil light goes out so I'm guessing oil pressure is built. There's no spark as some of the wiring looks like it needs to be attended to. I plan on educating myself a bit on this particular 600 and this particular engine...but if anyone can help or point to reference sources I would really appreciate it.
Hi cliffbeer,
I have a zastava 750 (serbian built 600) with an autobianchi A112 engine.
This is a fiarly common swap for people looking to create an abarth 1000 replica. Whats the engine code on yours as there are a few different varients.
The best place ive found for information seems to be a few of the various abarth 1000 facebook groups as it seems these were more popular over im Europe.

Alex.

Back