Technical False overheating (PLEASE HELP!)

Currently reading:
Technical False overheating (PLEASE HELP!)

Thalyson

My Idea has been having this problem for a month now, I've been driving and whenever I drop at low speeds, such as after a speed bump or on a hill, an overheating message appears, the temperature gauge rises, the engine seems to cut traction and then then everything goes back to normal. I've taken it to 6 different places and so far no one has been able to find the defect. I do not know what else to do! Has anyone out there experienced this problem?

Ícone Verificada pela comunidade

Sounds as if there is a sensor failing, or a dodgy wire. First thing is to find out if the car is actually overheating. If it is then you need to fix it fast. You need either ain infra red thermometer to check radiator and hose temperature or a diagnosis. A diagnosis of the ECU fault codes should show this fault and give pointers as to what is wrong. If you can find and check the temperature sensor wiring it might reveal something.

The water pump should be changed when the cam belt is replaced. When was this last done?

Does the engine have water in at the correct level. Dont drive the car if the water level is low as you can cause seious damage.

Back