Technical clutch pedal issue wont return to the top

Currently reading:
Technical clutch pedal issue wont return to the top

langham

Hi i have a 2007 Panda. My clutch pedal sometimes wont return to the top. I tramp on it a few times and it seems to be ok again.

any advice will be welcome.

Thanks, Tony

could be either of the above with a slight bias towards the slave cylinder in my opinion. As lubricating the slave is so easy, as detailed by koalar above, that's what I'd try first (they often squeak too) However don't use a mineral based lube - like normal oils, greases, and sprays. A silicon spray is easiest to use and won't attack the rubber seals inside like a mineral based fluid will.

Edit. If it works take it as a warning that a new cylinder is needed soon.

That is interesting, as my daughter's panda was speaking for about 5 minutes and then went back to normal.

To my knowledge

Nobody has ever had to change a mater cylinder for this fault

Years ago both they use to get changed as the fault wasn't so well known

I would just confirm it with grease

Then just changed the faulty part, as per video

10 minutes it's done, bit longer if you not done one before, several people haven't even bothered changing them, just regreased, without out any further issue

The only master cylinders I know that's confirmed to be faulty (not changed as a precaution) are on the 500 that leak into the drivers foot well

There's literally thousands slave changed on fiat and ford forums, two people on here have done at least 7 between them

Correct part can be difficult to obtain, it was out of stock everywhere for months last year, there is an alternative that's known to work if needed

To my knowledge

Nobody has ever had to change a mater cylinder for this fault

Years ago both they use to get changed as the fault wasn't so well known

I would just confirm it with grease

Then just changed the faulty part, as per video

10 minutes it's done, bit longer if you not done one before, several people haven't even bothered changing them, just regreased, without out any further issue

The only master cylinders I know that's confirmed to be faulty (not changed as a precaution) are on the 500 that leak into the drivers foot well

There's literally thousands slave changed on fiat and ford forums, two people on here have done at least 7 between them

Correct part can be difficult to obtain, it was out of stock everywhere for months last year, there is an alternative that's known to work if needed
Totally agree with all you say here. In my defence - although I'm not sure why I feel the need to offer a defence? - I was just mentioning the master cylinder because if the slave has failed due simply to having worn out with age, then the possibility of the master cylinder starting to act up is a possibility. On the other hand I'm definitely on the side of not replacing anything that doesn't need it.

Back