General Cento Valet Park

Currently reading:
General Cento Valet Park

On the coupe I couldnt get away with normal wax it would show up some chips on the bonnet... used some of that clear stuff (vue i think its called) and it worked a treat.

I havent actually washed this car properly myself. When the summer comes and are later then I will spend some time buffering it up :)

gaz_wrexham said:
can you eat it :confused:
If you're hungry, buy here, lol
http://www.parcferme.co.uk/products/index.php

Some not so stomach friendly stuff here, but really good as well http://www.dtconcours.co.uk/index.htm or http://www.raceglaze.co.uk/ or the one i use http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HARLY-WAX-car...ryZ72201QQssPageNameZWD7VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jesus this guy cleans your car with a tub of wax that cost £1474 fecking hell http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZYMOL-FULL-EX...ryZ72201QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
dave said:
Autoglym Diamond Bryte any good?
Most Auto Glym products are pretty good, if a little chalky residue is left with the polishes, but good results none the less. In my youth when i were a Scout my Scout leader was the Auto Glym rep for Scotland, don't think they were as well known then and we got carted about in the back of his Renault Master van to events, football matches etc sitting on boxes and boxes of the stuff, if only I knew what the stuff was, as I would have nicked some, lol

Emm said:
:eek: who says i have lotsa spare time! lol! thats news to me!

Liam remembers you saying on this very forum that you only does one day work a month for the other half and the rest of the time is yours.....explain.

Can't really complain about panel gaps being out on a Fiat or even most Italian machines, even the F40 has gaps you could walk through.

Top respect for the cleaning, especially in this cold weather, how did the polish go on?

Liam

Last time I tried cleaning in the cold the foam froze on the car :eek: Mine is looking half pink and half red right now, I'd love to get it finished but time is also short for me so it will have to wait (plus now the red, polished bit is mucky again from driving it :rolleyes:).

bloomfieldliam said:
Liam remembers you saying on this very forum that you only does one day work a month for the other half and the rest of the time is yours.....explain.

Can't really complain about panel gaps being out on a Fiat or even most Italian machines, even the F40 has gaps you could walk through.

Top respect for the cleaning, especially in this cold weather, how did the polish go on?

Liam

RE: job
As well as my paid job I have two voluntary jobs and also study....and have a life outside these

RE: panel gaps
I wasnt complaining just interested

RE: polish in cold weather
It was sunny all day as it is today (in Cheshire)

that ok for ya? :p

Last edited:
Well done Emm (y)

I don't let anybody else get near my car! IIRC it takes me about 3 hrs to give my Sei a wash and wax, but about 60-90 mins for a weekly wash. I would hate having to wash 3+ cars lol.

That Zymol stuff is very tempting, but I don't think I'll be eating it. I used to think I was good to my Sei giving it Turtle wax stuff, but my Sei probably wishes it had the Zymol stuff instead :eek:. Anyway, even after the weekly wash my Sei looks good enough to put new cars to shame :cool:

Emm said:
dread to think what products they use!! :rolleyes:

A good mobile valeting company will use really reputable cleaning products such as Diamond Brite. These products for centos paintwork is ideal. I use to be a part-time valetor a few years back and the tips and techniques you pick up would seem so silly, but honestly, when your valeting your pride and joy for more than 4 hours...the end result is amazing, and reminds as to why these little cars always manage to put that little smile back on your face. I can honestly say that diamond brite is for professional use, it has now become available to the public, but the products are still like gold dust. IMO yellow, because of the lightness of the paint, comes up like a treat. I'll try putting some pics of my car just after it’s been cleaned using diamond brite.

Emm you really have to cut down on your car collection its getting out of hand ;) odd what you say about the panel gaps as when i compared my cinq against another (BUBLE's) they were pretty much alike aprt from mine being alot tidier ;)

and i usually spend 3 and half hours- 4 hours cleaning my car with the wheels off cleaning in out of wheels with toothbrush and all inner arches etc sounds daft but you notice it in years to come and at shows

Im a fully trained valeter (had to do it for my bodywork repair and repaint certificate) and some of the products as Emm has said are very harmful and are designed to be quick and easy to use like main dealers use acid wheel cleaner which does wonders on curbed alloys etc you cant beat a damn good car wash by hand theres always time if you make space ive cleaned my car in the dark before (no joke) and although i did get drenched and it wasnt as good a job it was the only free time i had that fornight and i refuse to take my car through a car wash

wayne

Back