Brake Master Cylinder

Currently reading:
Brake Master Cylinder

DhillonZ

Hi,I own Fiat Siena TD 1.7 model 1999.
Good condition but has brake issues.
Mechanic told to replace Master Cylinder and
Rear brake cylinder.
It’s not available in India, I appreciate if you could help to resolve this problem.
Thanks

Rear brake cylinder.
It’s not available in India, I appreciate if you could help to resolve this problem.
Thanks
In the past we often replace brake seal kits in cylinders providing no other damage and care was taken, then no problem.
Often a case of matching bore size etc.

Rear brake cylinder.
Thanks
Thanks Mike, you mean cylinder maybe repaired. So where should I send the parts

Thanks Mike, you mean cylinder maybe repaired. So where should I send the parts
We, in the old days used to strip, clean and replace seals regularly in the motor trade on all hydraulic cylinders,brake , clutch, slave /master and brake servos and repair kits were readily available.
However nowadays with the cost of labour and safety issues it has become more convenient to replace the whole unit at greater cost to the customer.
I have noticed brake cylinder repair kits/seals of different diameters advertised on eBay etc. Though whether you can get the correct size/match for your needs I don't know.
I would add that great care is needed in doing this job and only if no other alternative safer method is available, so done entirely at your liability, so if you don't feel confident my advise would be not to undertake the job!
My thoughts are if a vehicle doesn't start, it is an inconvenience, but if it doesn't stop, it can be fatal:(

Back