Technical Air filter rubber hose - can I bodge it?

Currently reading:
Technical Air filter rubber hose - can I bodge it?

Hi all.
Well Demon is at it again! Took the air filter housing off to check the throttle underneath and the rubber hose that secures it to the throttle housing has cracked and split into 2 rings! 😭😭
I've checked online and it looks like £30 to get a replacement off ebay, on top of £20 for the window plastic. (That's on another thread!)
So is there any way to bodge it or get hose from somewhere else that would work?
I'm almost at the point of giving up on this car but my heart says don't.
Any help or ideas most welcome!

Last edited:
Which engine, year

It's not super critical on the 1.1 and 1.2

The engine runs fine with it disconnected

I guess this one 71747811

Screenshot_20240629-210451.png

Last edited:
Which engine, year

I guess this one 71747811

View attachment 447465
Not quite. As you lift the air filter box off the throttle body there's a rubber boot? This is what has split into two halves Toppo and bottom. For now I've got it back on but it's quite cracked so I don't know how long it'll last. Ebay reckon about £30 and coming from overseas again.

It just really isn't my week thus week as the wheel trims have also cracked and will need replacing at some point.

Attachments

• IMG_20240629_173412.jpg
    IMG_20240629_173412.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 204
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Yep 71748095 doblo fits

You can probably find it cheaper

I have used Tomo and the parts arrived on time

You are a star and probably the savior of this vehicle! I don't want to have to get rid of it but if parts are going to start costing stupid prices it's going to need to be considered! 😭😭

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
There are some silly prices. Fiat clutch hydraulic parts are just daft and just not thought through. I have a cast metal clutch master cylinder labelled Ford Ka. It’s a straight swap for the fabricated steel sold by Fiat. It cost under £60. The Fiat part was over £200.

There are some silly prices. Fiat clutch hydraulic parts are just daft and just not thought through. I have a cast metal clutch master cylinder labelled Ford Ka. It’s a straight swap for the fabricated steel sold by Fiat. It cost under £60. The Fiat part was over £200.
Either Ford's logistical management is much better - and/or they just have much less of the limited run Ford Ka 2nd gen parts to store.
Or.. Fiat is just marking up the Panda parts in line with how they've marked up the new price of the car (as if it is 2 generations ahead of what it is :-( ) and they find it fun to just charge for genuine service parts accordingly. It's a lose either way.

I think I got an LuK clutch kit for £70 back in the day. Dealer at the time quoted me £350 I think for the job but we did it ourselves along with the seals and bearings in the gearbox.

I think my biggest eye opener was paying £40+ for a bottom end oil seal which could only come from Fiat. Effectively a big round bit of rubber. At the time, the parts guy said to me "When are you going to stop putting parts on that car" :')

Back