Technical Abarth TJet wiring diagramm, Car sometimes doesn’t start

Currently reading:
Technical Abarth TJet wiring diagramm, Car sometimes doesn’t start

Spike1007

I was wondering if anyone has the wiring diagrams for the Abarth Competizione with TJet engine available.

I found a download for Fiat 500 in the downloadsection but I am not sure if this is usable for the Abarth.

Background is that our Abarth sometimes doesn’t start and shows the error crank shaft sensor. The sensor was replaced but still sporadically it happens that the car doesn’t start. Harness was checked and no damage.
To go more into detailed checks the diagrams would be helpful.

Best to get it diaganosed with appropriate software for fault codes! that will point you in the right direction rather than guessing!
I had it at my Abarthguy. Hebspecialized in Abarth and also makes parts for it.
Error code said Crankshaft sensor. Thatswhy we replaced it. Car started again but it only lasted for 3 days. Interesting bit was that the car started again after an hour.
Battery was checked and it was at 100 percent.
My Abarthguy checked wires for damage, measured everything. Started it several times without problems, drove it and so on.

Only thing he didn’t do was checking the ECU and hooking it up to an oscilloscope.

He estimates that it’s the ECU but can’t check much if he doesn’t have the layouts.

I had it at my Abarthguy. Hebspecialized in Abarth and also makes parts for it.
Error code said Crankshaft sensor. Thatswhy we replaced it. Car started again but it only lasted for 3 days. Interesting bit was that the car started again after an hour.
Battery was checked and it was at 100 percent.
My Abarthguy checked wires for damage, measured everything. Started it several times without problems, drove it and so on.

Only thing he didn’t do was checking the ECU and hooking it up to an oscilloscope.

He estimates that it’s the ECU but can’t check much if he doesn’t have the layouts.
sounds like more trouble ahead!!!(n):unsure:

sounds like more trouble ahead!!!(n):unsure:
Definitely, they rip you off with the new ECUs.

I try to find a used one and have ours cloned.

Still would be interesting to be able to measure everything to see what’s blown and maybe have it fixed to have a spare at home.

Did you use an original cranksensor? They need to be very close to the pully.

gr J
All parts are original. My mechanic who is specialized in Abarth did install all and did tests.
He also checked the cables optically and measured all.

He wanted to check the ECU too but as Fiat keeps the layout in its vault he couldn’t check all he wanted.

Back