Currently reading:
General Abarth punto evo no sound

DarDar1690

Hello hopefully someone can tell me what I can’t find out for myself
The standard stereo knocks on plays CDs tunes in on radio stations
All without a single note not even a peep out of the stereo
The blue and me is also quite or not working 🤷‍♂️
The head unit also works in my doblo van so it’s definitely not that

In desperate way I have bought one from amazon the one pacific for the punto evo
And that is also no sound

Hello,

Looks like no speakers are connected. Did it worked before? If no, are you sure there are speakers installed?

Check with the original unit, the one from amazon could need an ISO-FIAT adapter, as the cables can be switched somehow (and also the body module can need proxi alignment to work with the new unit).

If it worked before, or you can visually confirm that the speakers are installed and connected, check with a multimeter both wires on both sides for continuity (one connector of the multimeter to the plug you plug into the radio unit, the other connector to one of the speaker cables, ah - of course, you have to find the correct wires - two per speaker). If the check is OK, connect for a moment a small battery to the speaker cables on the same side of the car - the speaker should buzz.

If both checks are OK on both sides of the car, then check that the connections (plug + socket) on the back of the radio unit are correct.

Hello,

Looks like no speakers are connected. Did it worked before? If no, are you sure there are speakers installed?

Check with the original unit, the one from amazon could need an ISO-FIAT adapter, as the cables can be switched somehow (and also the body module can need proxi alignment to work with the new unit).

If it worked before, or you can visually confirm that the speakers are installed and connected, check with a multimeter both wires on both sides for continuity (one connector of the multimeter to the plug you plug into the radio unit, the other connector to one of the speaker cables, ah - of course, you have to find the correct wires - two per speaker). If the check is OK, connect for a moment a small battery to the speaker cables on the same side of the car - the speaker should buzz.

If both checks are OK on both sides of the car, then check that the connections (plug + socket) on the back of the radio unit are correct.
Sorry for the delay
The person I bought it off took a after market head unit out and replaced the original
The original works fine in my doblo so that’s not the issue

The aftermarket was a Punto Evo directed replacement so it’s had no wires cut and is completely original wiring
The speakers are definitely there I can see though the grills
The chances of all 4 not working at the same time is slim I would have thought
I am now thinking there’s a amp somewhere which as blow a fuse but can’t see any information about if it actually as a amp 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷‍♂️ the amplifier are on eBay so it must have one 😩
The sub in the boot as power to the fuse and the rest of the fuses are ok
Unless the “amp “ as blown one which would make a lot sense
Does this ring any bells with anyone
P 🙏

Have you checked the speaker cables for continuity between all the system components? As in my first post, both ends of the same cable with two terminals of the multimeter. If everything is fine, you will be sure you've discovered all the elements of the system and the cables are OK.

Hopefully taking the door card off tomorrow if it stops raining
I am now hoping its took a surge and fried the. Speakers but is this even possible to stop them all working?

If all four have been fried... yes...

Keeping the fingers crossed for the weather :)
It’s not the speakers
I have sound going in to the amp but nothing comes out
No click from the amp when knocking the stereo on and off
Live to all the wires going in to the amp except the red/ yellow wire in picture could that be the remote to knock the amp on ?

Attachments

• IMG_9893.jpeg
    IMG_9893.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
Back