Technical 2010 Doblo passenger window won't go up.

Currently reading:
Technical 2010 Doblo passenger window won't go up.

mombassa

Hi, I have a 2010 Fiat Doblo Eleganza, driving the other day and I put the passenger window down half way by mistake. When I pressed the up button it just clicked, I thought If Iput it down fully it may go back up (it did not). Now I have the passenger window fully down pressing the buttons on the passenger door you can hear the down button going but just a click for the up button. The same on the drivers buttons. I ordered a new switch from onlinecarparts did not realise they were in Germany and the warehouse in Poland, finally got it today replaced the drivers side switch and the same makes a noise when pressing down and a click when you press up. All of the other windows work fine go up and down no problem. Cannot find the fuse location for the passenger window switch (but then again that would stop it trying to kick in when pressing the down button). I cannot put the window back up as there is nothing to grab hold of. Is there any way to manually turn a winder or something to get the window back up? Does anyone know which wire to check for in the door loom for breakage for the up part of the passenger window? Any other suggestions would be grateful as at the moment I cannot use it with the window down, even if anyone knows how to get the window back up would be great.
Cheers in advance.
Quick update now when I press the button I get a click and nothing on the opposite possibility it may be regulator or motor? any way of testing?

Last edited:
Hello,

The motor is the same for moving the window up and down, if you managed to lower the window, the motor & fuse and probably also the switch are OK.

In my opinion there are 2 possibilities: an electrical problem, for example one of the wires broke and the motor does not get the proper signal. Or a mechanical problem with the cables or rollers. I have the same symptom in my girlfriend's non-FIAT car.

The motor pulls a loop of two cables (in opposite directions), which pull the window down or push it up. There are four rollers on two rails. Each one of them has a plastic support which holds the cable in place. In my case the roller support broke, so the window can be lowered (as it's the other cable + rollers + rail which is used), but can't go up.

At some time they were even selling a repair kit at the dealership knowing, how poor is that part. But they are no longer available. The support and roller are made of POM, so cannot glue / weld it :( So I've bought the complete part from a breaker, I will be installing it tomorrow.

Looking for the replacement for the broken roller + support to my girlfiend's car I got an information that exactly the same element is used in one of the FIATs produced in Turkey, so there is a very high possibility it's a Doblo. But I couldn't find how to attach the roller to the rail. It is on a some king of special nut :(

Get to the power window motor, you'll probably see any broken parts, if any. Try connecting 12V to the motor terminals to see if it works or not. After disconnecting the plug you should be able to find with a multimeter to which terminals you need to connect the voltage to get the wanted action. You'll also know it the two signals are reaching the motor plug. I assume that the voltage just changes direction depending the direction in which the motor should work.

Hello,

The motor is the same for moving the window up and down, if you managed to lower the window, the motor & fuse and probably also the switch are OK.

In my opinion there are 2 possibilities: an electrical problem, for example one of the wires broke and the motor does not get the proper signal. Or a mechanical problem with the cables or rollers. I have the same symptom in my girlfriend's non-FIAT car.

The motor pulls a loop of two cables (in opposite directions), which pull the window down or push it up. There are four rollers on two rails. Each one of them has a plastic support which holds the cable in place. In my case the roller support broke, so the window can be lowered (as it's the other cable + rollers + rail which is used), but can't go up.

At some time they were even selling a repair kit at the dealership knowing, how poor is that part. But they are no longer available. The support and roller are made of POM, so cannot glue / weld it :( So I've bought the complete part from a breaker, I will be installing it tomorrow.

Looking for the replacement for the broken roller + support to my girlfiend's car I got an information that exactly the same element is used in one of the FIATs produced in Turkey, so there is a very high possibility it's a Doblo. But I couldn't find how to attach the roller to the rail. It is on a some king of special nut :(

Get to the power window motor, you'll probably see any broken parts, if any. Try connecting 12V to the motor terminals to see if it works or not. After disconnecting the plug you should be able to find with a multimeter to which terminals you need to connect the voltage to get the wanted action. You'll also know it the two signals are reaching the motor plug. I assume that the voltage just changes direction depending the direction in which the motor should work.
Thank you will give it a try. Opened up the door and looked inside could not see anything broken but will have another check, and check the motor.
Update double checked for any broken parts or clips nothing to see. Put meter on socket going into motor getting voltage.

Last edited:
Just to give you an idea how it looked in my case:

2023-09-22 20.30.58.jpg
2023-09-22 20.31.59.jpg

It was not loose at the bottom of the door. It was still hanging in place, on the cable and rail. But as it was moving, it was no longer working.

I have had a few electric window issues on Fiats.
1/ Drivers window switch that activates passenger faulty, but stops passenger side switch from activating= fitted cheap chinese new switch £13 odd and worked fine.
2/ Wires at drivers door hinge breaking so sometimes worked passenger side when door partly open= second hand drivers door wiring loom £26 odd.
The modern window motor is activated from the ECU /BCM controlling the power to the motor, so motor doesn't have an earth wire, just two wires going to the motor and the computer swaps positive to negative and vice a versa.
I had one that went up but not down, but had to prove motor OK by taking door panel off, undoing the two screws on the motor to get to the armature and then I wound it down by turning the armature , it takes a long time due to gearing, I then reassembled it and worked the switch to prove motor OK.
Only thing about this is be very careful not to disturb the brush carrier side as the magnets will try to pull it all down with the armature, whereas you want the armature to stay in place.
It seemed counter intuitive that a faulty drivers switch was stopping passenger switch also, but I have had that on several vehicles now , 2010 Fiat Scudo, 2010 Fiat Doblo,2012 Citroen C3 Picasso.
Also on a 2010 Fiat Punto EVO o/s/r door window regulator. That was a mechanical one where water had rusted the cable, new pattern part wasn't dear but I greased it well before fitting.:)
I had another on a Citroen Pluriel where the windows wouldn't stop in the correct place after disconnecting the battery= The cure was to hold the switch for several seconds after reaching top and bottom of full travel so the computer learnt where top and bottom was.

Last edited:
Just had a look at both doors one has a black wire with a break in it with copper showing have took photos of both doors and video of noise. Will have a check again in the morning. By any chance does anyone know the wire colour for passenger window up?

Attachments

• IMG_5612.MOV
    53.9 MB
  • IMG_5614.JPG
    IMG_5614.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5619.JPG
    IMG_5619.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5620.JPG
    IMG_5620.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Not off hand, but do not just supply power to the wire as it may be Can Bus signal low voltage wire going to the computer to tell it to power the 12 volts for the motor in the door.;)

Not off hand, but do not just supply power to the wire as it may be Can Bus signal low voltage wire going to the computer to tell it to power the 12 volts for the motor in the door.;)

I don't think that will stop the window.. 🤔

Yes it's bare copper.. But I don't see a Break.. (worth insulating it though..)

This stopped my FIAT punto window 😉,

soldering the wires back together restored function 🙂

Just tried temp insulation with sparky's tape no good (as I had no heat shrink tube to hand), have ordered a replacement motor and regulator £34 off Ebay will let you know what happens when it arrives.

Thought I would take the motor and regulator out, screws attached to door no problem but how do you disconnect the glass (trying to manually close the window until the new parts arrive to make it watertight and still be able to drive) none of the clips have any budge on them. Pic attached of clips and mech, does the wire and rollers have a lock / brake on them which I could release to move the window up on the wires.

Attachments

• IMG_5632.JPG
    IMG_5632.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5630.JPG
    IMG_5630.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 12
Looking at the first photo I'd say that there are plastic clips that hold the glass in place. Could be another one closer to the other end.

The motor probably has an axis or gear that goes into the drum with the steel cable.

Have you tried to connect + and - 12V to the motor terminals?

As @the green vanper says "Have you tried to connect + and - 12V to the motor terminals?"
Regarding the fixing of the glass many have a single hole in the middle of the bottom of the glass that the regulator is located in and then held in place by a plastic horse shoe clip in a sort of loop.
But looking at your photos yours may have two holes at each end of the bottom of the glass that the white plastic ears clip into , so will need carefully pushing apart so they don't break when disengaging the glass from the regulator.
After that you should be able to jam the glass at the top of it's travel to get enough room to release the regulator from the door.
I have often cut a length of wood to jam a window glass up to make secure whilst waiting for a regulator:)

As @the green vanper says "Have you tried to connect + and - 12V to the motor terminals?"
Regarding the fixing of the glass many have a single hole in the middle of the bottom of the glass that the regulator is located in and then held in place by a plastic horse shoe clip in a sort of loop.
But looking at your photos yours may have two holes at each end of the bottom of the glass that the white plastic ears clip into , so will need carefully pushing apart so they don't break when disengaging the glass from the regulator.
After that you should be able to jam the glass at the top of it's travel to get enough room to release the regulator from the door.
I have often cut a length of wood to jam a window glass up to make secure whilst waiting for a regulator:)
Thank you I will have to see if I can figure out which to connect to as there are six wires going to the motor block. See image. Will have a search for a wiring diagram,.

Attachments

• IMG_5628.JPG
    IMG_5628.JPG
    767.6 KB · Views: 10
Thank you I will have to see if I can figure out which to connect to as there are six wires going to the motor block. See image. Will have a search for a wiring diagram,.
In fairness, the wiring plug you have in photo looks different to the simple two wire connector I saw on the most recent Fiat I looked at powering the window motor.
Do all six wires from that connector block actually go to the motor it's self or operate something else?
If ordering a motor 2010 seems to be the change over for Mk 1 and Mk 2, my 2010 looks like the later one and from what I could see in eBay photos both only have a double wire connector.
In these of Mk2 one photo shows a square pad with a single locating pin to hold the window glass, so check which you order if required.
Both to me, appear to only have the two wires to motor.:)

1718000577153.png

1718000482944.png
1718000427780.png

In fairness, the wiring plug you have in photo looks different to the simple two wire connector I saw on the most recent Fiat I looked at powering the window motor.
Do all six wires from that connector block actually go to the motor it's self or operate something else?
If ordering a motor 2010 seems to be the change over for Mk 1 and Mk 2, my 2010 looks like the later one and from what I could see in eBay photos both only have a double wire connector.
In these of Mk2 one photo shows a square pad with a single locating pin to hold the window glass, so check which you order if required.
Both to me, appear to only have the two wires to motor.:)

View attachment 446276
View attachment 446275View attachment 446274
What I did notice is the 2010 Mk2 Mylife has the 2 pin connector but my Eleganza has the 6 pin block (why they are different is beyond me) I have added below one that looks the same as mine. But when I did a search on my reg it came up the 2 pin version fits my car when it different.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 9
What I did notice is the 2010 Mk2 Mylife has the 2 pin connector but my Eleganza has the 6 pin block (why they are different is beyond me) I have added below one that looks the same as mine. But when I did a search on my reg it came up the 2 pin version fits my car when it different.
Not sure what that unit does with the six pins, from memory the last one I had off didn't have that black plastic unit before the actual motor.
Is it possible yours does something like shutting the windows automatically when you lock the vehicle?
Perhaps someone else on Forum can advise.

Not sure what that unit does with the six pins, from memory the last one I had off didn't have that black plastic unit before the actual motor.
Is it possible yours does something like shutting the windows automatically when you lock the vehicle?
Perhaps someone else on Forum can advise.
That's what I also thought about at first.

But then got the idea that they perhaps started to install the same motor on both sides to make the LHD / RHD conversion easier.

EDIT: rather production, not conversion. To have both side doors the same, eventually switching the interior controls only.

Last edited:
Back