Technical S/S Unavailable, Check Engine

Currently reading:
Technical S/S Unavailable, Check Engine

makso

Hello, I have an error of start/stop unavailable and to check engine. No lights on the dash aside from the digital message. Car appears to be operating correctly, no loss of coolant, no dirty oil, no trouble starting. Battery voltage 12.56V on shutdown.

Previously observed white-ish diesel smoke for 5s on startup but that seems to have mostly gone.

Will get codes read but fearing some sort of dire diagnosis. 1.3 95bhp diesel. 100k miles.

Anything obvious I can try while I wait?

I have the same with the same engine, I've traced mine down to the stop/start relay being faulty and passing current even with the ignition key off and out, you should have the S/S indicator lamp on the dash lit As you say it doesn't seem to affect the running of the car so I,ve left mine until the motor factors open tomorrow.

An update. I bought a code reader and got the following

P0096
Intake air temperature (IAT) sensor 2 - circuit range/performance

I cleared this code and the problem has gone. Might be something to replace, or check the connection of...

Anyway, on first reading this does not appear to be a major problem. Code reader was £8. App is free. Wonderful stuff.

An update. I bought a code reader and got the following

P0096
Intake air temperature (IAT) sensor 2 - circuit range/performance

I cleared this code and the problem has gone. Might be something to replace, or check the connection of...

Anyway, on first reading this does not appear to be a major problem. Code reader was £8. App is free. Wonderful stuff.
Hello,
Glad you were able to resolve your problem
A few questions:
1) Re: Code reader - where did you buy it (I'm located in Mexico, there are AutoZone stores here). Did you buy it online? What's the brand name? Is it specific to Fiat?
2) Do you think it might be helpful in this situation? I just tried to start my FIAT 2014 500L and nothing happened, I received 2 messages: 1- Manual Method not available, 2-Check transmission. Up until yesterday, it was running just fine, no issues. Weirdly, I'm now able to open and close the windows and turn the radio on/off without the key in the ignition.
Thanks for any feedback.

Hello,
Glad you were able to resolve your problem
A few questions:
1) Re: Code reader - where did you buy it (I'm located in Mexico, there are AutoZone stores here). Did you buy it online? What's the brand name? Is it specific to Fiat?
2) Do you think it might be helpful in this situation? I just tried to start my FIAT 2014 500L and nothing happened, I received 2 messages: 1- Manual Method not available, 2-Check transmission. Up until yesterday, it was running just fine, no issues. Weirdly, I'm now able to open and close the windows and turn the radio on/off without the key in the ignition.
Thanks for any feedback.
This is the device I bought, which cost £7 on Amazon UK (about 150 pesos), and then you control the device from your phone. Really easy, just plug it into the port near the steering wheel (behind an easily removed piece of plastic). Perhaps you'll be able to find a similar cheap thing in Mexico and can then look at your code in more depth?

Back