Technical X244 A pillar wiring?

Currently reading:
Technical X244 A pillar wiring?

Ronnie63

I'm stuck trying to find a route from passanger door to inside A pillar! I have a grommet on the A pillar where the wiring goes but I can't find an exit inside the cab! it's right beside the strut turret I don't see any grommets inside the dash to route the wires. The drivers side was easier. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Ronnie

I'm stuck trying to find a route from passanger door to inside A pillar! I have a grommet on the A pillar where the wiring goes but I can't find an exit inside the cab! it's right beside the strut turret I don't see any grommets inside the dash to route the wires. The drivers side was easier. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks Ronnie
I have had a good look at my vehicle for you. You may be able to see something if you remove the LH lower dash panel, or have you done that already?

Alternatively, looking under the bonnet there is some circa 12mm black PVC sleeving leaving the main cable form in the corner behind the air filter, and looping behind the fuel filling pipe. However this is most probable for the side direction indicator, as from squeezing, it does not seem to contain sufficient wires for widow and mirror controls.

I have had a good look at my vehicle for you. You may be able to see something if you remove the LH lower dash panel, or have you done that already?

Alternatively, looking under the bonnet there is some circa 12mm black PVC sleeving leaving the main cable form in the corner behind the air filter, and looping behind the fuel filling pipe. However this is most probable for the side direction indicator, as from squeezing, it does not seem to contain sufficient wires for widow and mirror controls.
Yes I have the lower dash removed, the only way I can see working is feeding wires through bulkhead and go as you said behind the wing where the small indicator is! So I don’t see the purpose of the grommet in the A pillar!

Thanks Ronnie

The only route I can see is throught the bulkhead near air filter then inside the wing near side indicator.

On the A pillar there is a grommet that lines up with the grommet in the door but further in the A pillar there is another grommet so it looks like the wiring would need to go in this grommet then come out the one that lines up with the door

Failing that I would need to try and drill a hole near the grommet in the A pillar but inside the cab but this area looks to be the strut turret!

If someone had an x244 with electrics in the door Passager side maybe they could have a look for me please?

Thanks Ronnie

Back