What Shocked You Today

Currently reading:
What Shocked You Today

What shocked me today ? The moss growing on this MOT’d and taxed Mitsubishi, owned by the guy who works in my local mini Tesco.
I’ve not posted a picture of the inside, as people may be eating 🤢

It did have a for sale sign in it for a while. Unsurprisingly, in its current state it didn’t sell …..
Strangely enough I have bought vehicles that looked far worse, but were fine underneath the dirt.
I once bought a Austin mini automatic that was offered to a garage where I was working and they turned it down @ £50! I bought it and when talking to the lady owner she told me her recently deceased husband always serviced it himself and painted the old engine oil all over and under the car, he also covered all the door seal rubbers with talcam powder, this all sounds very eccentric, but when I got it home and by the way it drove perfectly, I washed it down first with paraffin, then hot soapy water and finally polished it, underneath all the oil was a perfect little mini, which I later sold for a good profit after getting it a new Mot.:)

Strangely enough I have bought vehicles that looked far worse, but were fine underneath the dirt.
I once bought an Austin mini automatic that was offered to a garage where I was working and they turned it down @ £50! I bought it and when talking to the lady owner she told me her recently deceased husband always serviced it himself and painted the old engine oil all over and under the car, he also covered all the door seal rubbers with talcam powder, this all sounds very eccentric, but when I got it home and by the way it drove perfectly, I washed it down first with paraffin, then hot soapy water and finally polished it, underneath all the oil was a perfect little mini, which I later sold for a good profit after getting it a new Mot.:)

Years ago I bought a brown Viva, which once it had a t cut and wax - was actually orange with a white pinstripe.

Back