Technical What is the size and thread of the square head transmission filler plug?

Currently reading:
Technical What is the size and thread of the square head transmission filler plug?

Boobtube

Does anyone know the metric size and thread of the square head type transmission filler plug? Not the drain plug. I am stuck with having to drill mine out and will need to replace mine but don't want to buy from across the pond because a 4 dollar plug will cost me 20 dollars in shipping. So I'm looking for a replacement plug locally that can go in the hole once I get the remains of mine out. I imagine many Japanese car drain plugs probably would fit. If anyone has a spare they can measure that would be great.

Does anyone know the metric size and thread of the square head type transmission filler plug? Not the drain plug. I am stuck with having to drill mine out and will need to replace mine but don't want to buy from across the pond because a 4 dollar plug will cost me 20 dollars in shipping. So I'm looking for a replacement plug locally that can go in the hole once I get the remains of mine out. I imagine many Japanese car drain plugs probably would fit. If anyone has a spare they can measure that would be great.
Answering my own question: It's an M18 x 1.5. You can easily replace this plug with a standard drain plug of the same size from Autozone and their ilk and save expensive costs for OEM replacement.

Back