Technical sporting lowering springs?

Currently reading:
Technical sporting lowering springs?

dac69er

Established member
one of my apex lowering springs has snapped so i was going to replace the lot as they are all a bit ropey.

the part number for the apex sporting specific springs is 30-5010, but these are like hens teeth. i can find the non-sporting versions easy enough, part number 30-5000, but what is the actual difference?

i don't necessarily need Apex springs again, but they have lasted pretty well up until now (bloody potholed roads).

any pointers or advice. just want something reasonably cheap tbh. thanks

I've got Eibach Sportlines on my Cinquecento Sporting and I was going to suggest them, but it would seem that Eibach only sell their Pro-Kit spings for the Cinquecento, now.

https://eibachshop.com/index.php?p1350,eibach-pro-kit-springs-fiat-cinquecento

You are looking at £180 though. I replaced the Eibach springs on my 595 Comp with some H&R springs, as they dropped the car another 10mm, but also the car seemed to ride a little better.
H&R do produce springs for the Cinq Sporting still, but they're 180 to 200 quid too.

A brand that is cheap is LO, but I bet the ride on them isn't great. Theyre around £110, you will find those on ebay.

Thanks. I'm not too bothered by the ride tbh as the dampers are pretty old now (apex uprated dampers bought with the springs 10 years ago).
The car is just my daily too and from work mostly, so don't want to spend loads on it.

I am keeping my eye on the lo springs on eBay as my fallback.

Thanks

Doesn't look like you can get the apex springs for the sporting anymore. Been told they are discontinued :(

Just went with the LO springs. They are going to be better than a broken spring!

Will feed back on how they are.....

I know. Doesn't seem that long ago you could get pretty much anything. Now parts are getting a bit harder to find :(

Fitted the new lo springs today. Quality seems decent. Fitment is good and the height is as expected.

Found I actually had 2 snapped springs in the end!!!!

Will feed back regarding the ride when I have finished doing a few other minor bits on the car first.

Back