Technical Seats

Currently reading:
Technical Seats

classiccarguy

Morning all, just joined the group ( thank you )
Interior question ! My wife would like leather seats in her 2009 lounge 1.2
I have been offered a complete set from a 2021 model Hybrid.
Will they fit and would i have problems with the seat sensors and air bags ?
Hope someone my be able to confirm one way or the other.
All the best
Mick.

physically they would fit. though no idea on the airbags which would be the main concern.

The airbags in the newer seats would in theory turn off the airbag light as its a simple resistance test that the airbag ecu performs to make sure the airbag is present, and the resistance of airbag squibs is largely all around the same value. sensors I am not sure, generally there is an occupancy sensor in the passenger seat

I would say they could be made to fit and work, but there are possible issues like fiat changing the plugs used to connect everything, if its a good price I would be inclined to get them, and then sort out the details afterwards.

As the cars are from different model generations of the 500 i would question if there might be some electricial connectivity and compatability issues? when i swapped to leather in my 2012 car i was careful to choose a set from a same generation car to insure they would fit! i am sure you could adapt a set from a 2021 car but there might be some extra work and unforseen problems involved!

Thank you both for getting back to me.
Seats are not that cheap that i can take to much risk with the fitment.
Last thing i need is to put the air bag light on , her indoors would have a fit :)
Think i will hold off until a earlier set come up.
Mick..

Thank you both for getting back to me.
Seats are not that cheap that i can take to much risk with the fitment.
Last thing i need is to put the air bag light on , her indoors would have a fit :)
Think i will hold off until a earlier set come up.
Mick..
Check ebay there are usually loads on their. just be aware that while it is a "Leather" interior, very little of fiat's leather seats come from a cow and the majority of it comes from a plastics factory in the form of vinyl.

Check ebay there are usually loads on their. just be aware that while it is a "Leather" interior, very little of fiat's leather seats come from a cow and the majority of it comes from a plastics factory in the form of vinyl.
Going to show the misses your post , you might have just saved me a bit of cash :D:D

Back