Styling punto mk1 centre console

Currently reading:
Styling punto mk1 centre console

jack18

Hey everyone, I'm new on here so bare with me..
I have a fiat punto 55sx mk1, this is my first car which ive had over the past year... To be fair, its been a nightmare... List of probems:
Headgasket
New sump
Rockercover gasket
New radiator
Rear suspension bushes and sub frames
Oil contamination
Spent hundreds fixing it but yet there's always something else...but yet I love puntos and am planning on getting a mk2 sporting,
Anyways to the point.. slowly putting some mk1 sporting parts on this one first and have mostly everything on the outside apart from alloys and now starting interior.. how easy is it to install the sporting centre console and steering wheel if possible? Also with the steering wheel mine doesn't have an air bag, so is it safe to have a steering wheel with an air bag when mine originally doesn't?
Thanks if you can help..

hi you can fit the center console by removing its original ashtray and obviously the trim around the gear stick and hand brake i think there is a bracket that fits where your original ashtray goes .
the sporting center console is screwed on either side at the bottom of the dash.

You can fit the sporting steering wheel but if the nct or mot see there is a airbag they might want to see a light on the dash better safe than sorry lyk .

Back