General Punto 4x4? anyone heard of one?

Currently reading:
General Punto 4x4? anyone heard of one?

christianlafond2009

1.6 Punto Expert!
Okay so i was looking at ePer earlier and i noticed the picture of th mk1 punto has a prop or drive shaft in its picture, never heard of a 4 or rear wheel drive punto, any help? would love a rwd punto gt :D

Attachments

• AIR_20120208_00000.jpg
    AIR_20120208_00000.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 509
The prop shaft in that pic is a long way off ever meeting the gearbox/transfer box I would assume it to be artistic licence

I had a 4wd Mondeo for a while it was nice but being a normal road going car, the quickly designed transmission was a big weak point. I'm sure you could plunder bits from a panda if you wanted a 4x4 punto you would probably want to invest in a grinder and welding kit

The new 4x4 Pandas use a punto subframe (presumably grande) and the same 1.2 engine, probably wouldn't be hard to slap onto a punto.

When I say new I mean 3 - 4 years old now.

Would handle quite well, got told by somebody the punto mk1 is based on a lancia delta floorpan? it has a tunnel to, its a possibility they could have designed one and last minute pulled it out of production? and there is a fiat punto gt 4wd used by fiat for rallying :/ would be good to find out more about it

I'd lay odds on the Punto not sharing the floorpan of a delta, let alone an Integrale. There is a tunnel of sorts (as on many FWD cars, even RWD cars like the MR2) but it's nothing like big enough to handle a rwd gearbox or a propshaft.

The Mariotti car, for all its rally decoration, was never used in a rally. See this.

Resize%20of%20puntograle2.jpg

The Puntograle ;)

Back