Technical Possible camera wire from factory (2013 Ducato) ??

Currently reading:
Technical Possible camera wire from factory (2013 Ducato) ??

Viker

Hello folks,
I'm sizing up a 360 cam system install and observed a wire coil (looks like the same camera connection i have in the system i will be installing) tucked neatly right of the fuse box in the dash. Neatly with plastic strip that could not be installed from the fuse box opening... ??? From factory??? The unit has a reverse cam (wireless Garbage :( ) that I'll most likely hard wire if need be... Any help regarding this mysterious wire would be appreciated....

Also while the expertise is reading :) , The Knaus is a A- class and access into the firewall from outside and inside is another hurdle... Anyone have any experience with hard wiring a camera install into the drivers side of a Ducato A-class? ....

Appreciate any help...

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_20240408_085900185.jpg
    IMG_20240408_085900185.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20240408_140202818.jpg
    IMG_20240408_140202818.jpg
    601.3 KB · Views: 26
Hello,

In fact looks like the camera plug :D

Is your VIN a FIAT one? ZFA250*? You could check on the options list, perhaps SEVEL planned a camera, but finally Knaus installed only the wireless one.

The 360 degrees camera system is one of the things I'm thinking of, but probably a little bit further into the build. So, keeping the fingers crossed for you and hope you'll share some details and impression on the system once operationnal :)

Yes, Our rig is the ZFA250 model. I've sent a ? to Knaus in the hopes they could help with the mystery Cam wire :) ? Not holding my breath though.

So, I'd check in the ePER here (link just below the forum banner) with you VIN the option list. If the reverse camera is there, the van has probably been at least partially wired.

Hope Knaus will reply. Some companies do :D

I was planning to buy an ex-ambulance made by WAS. I've emailed them and they replied me that if I buy the van, they will provide me the full documentation of the build. But finally I got another van. And the Italian builder didn't even bother to reply :(

Last edited:
Update on the wiring issue.... Had a real attempt at finding the turn signal triggers through documentation but I had no luck. Instead I patched with a Waco from each signal light forward together with the camera wire (in conduit) together and down into battery box. From there to the main connection under the in step plastic on the driver side... Had enough wire in the kit as well.. System is up and running and what a great price of gear... When you use the signal to indicate lane change, the monitor shows full the signaling side until 3 sec after signal is stopped.. 👍 have installed a cam with the gray water dump to avoid the back and forth lining up... HD picture is crystal clear too.... 👍

Update on reverse camera... It was while but Knaus replied my ? Regarding if there was a reverse camera wiring installed from the factory. Reply was the 2013 model has one installed in case a customer wanted the reverse cam as an added option...

Back