Technical increasing fuel pressure?

Currently reading:
Technical increasing fuel pressure?

arc said:
i can't see that being the case.. i mean why run a pump capabale of 3bar when it's never going to need anything more than 1 bar :confused:

might fit the 3bar pump this week then, itching to do something to the car (beside thrash the arse off the poor thing!). Are the fuel line clips on the tank reusable, or should i get some new ones before i start pulling it to bits?

Yeah I know what you are saying, but as just about every fuel injection system runs at 3 bar, injector flow rates are given at 3 bar, makes sense that teh pumps are made to flow 3 bar, then regulated to give what is required, where i think there is a differance is the flow rate, i.e ltrs/per hour which is different when i was looking into buying replacemtn pumps.

Its very easy to change over, in tank fuel line is reusable, all i did is undo the spring clip on it and replace with the provided s/s jubilee clip that I got with my pump, as you already have pump made up you not already got a line on it?

Frr me i undid the spring clip on pump, uncliped spirng slip on pipe, detached the +ve & -ve unclipped the metal springy arm things slipped pump out of rubber holder thing, took apart the pump holder cleaned it out, and did it all up again including spirng clip on pump as had spring clip pliers at hand.

Hi Guys
Are you sayin that it would be ok to fit my 3 bar pump now before i do my mpi conversion?
Do i need to do any other adjustments or will the spi fuel regulator do the job?
It would be nice to do that job first so theres less to do when i swap the head,manifold over
Cheers
Adrian

AIJ29 said:
Hi Guys
Are you sayin that it would be ok to fit my 3 bar pump now before i do my mpi conversion?
Do i need to do any other adjustments or will the spi fuel regulator do the job?
It would be nice to do that job first so theres less to do when i swap the head,manifold over
Cheers
Adrian

There is no reason why not the regulator takes care of the pressure that you run not the pump.

if you are still having issues with your car running ie crap around town try increasing the pressure at the regulator.

TBH its such an easy jog to change the pump, I mean an hour at most as its easier to get to if you remove teh back seat.

If you take apart the pressure regulator (front on throttle body 4 torx screws, spray WD4 underneath them first as can be seized if you want to look for yourself) like I have done its a spring on top of a rubber diaphragm, set at factory to open and let excess pressure be released and returned to the tank, once set its sealed by wax, the reason you have a regulator on a fuel injection system is that fuel pumps are voltage dependent so you can therefore gets spikes and drops due to voltage. The Allen bolt I would say would take a few turns to make a huge difference, I turned mine fully to get a rise from a measured on fuel pressure gauge standard 1.4bar to 1.5bar as I run a hi pressure, hi capacity fuel pump running 3 bar to my 2nd injector and 1.4bar to primary injector.

Although not needed by anyone other than turbo owners with 2nd injectors I will also be running a SARD rising rate fuel pressure regulator as I run my fuel line to 2nd injector first then regulate to 3bar, then run to primary injector regulated to 1.4bar as they have to be in series not parallel otherwise its will regulate to 1.4 bar all system as liquid under pressure will always take easiest route to return to tank.
Can you upload any pic on where can i install a gauge for fuel pressure? Ι have upgrade the fuel pump and run the fpr at 1.2 bar and want to check from time to time ..thank you

Back