General Gearbox

Currently reading:
General Gearbox

marktaylor063

Hi everyone.

I own a 2008 Fiat Bravo 1.4 90Bhp on 57930 miles and the gearbox has goosed.

Another member has recommended I try researching whether the Stilo 1.2 or 1.4 gearbox would do..

Obviously stilo's are more common to source a second hand one, and are more reliable boxes then the Bravo.

Thanks for reading FIATers :)

I can't answer your question but would advise caution as I have swapped engines in the past (not a Fiat) as I was assured they were the same, but there were minor differences which meant I had to swap the gearbox too. The point I am making is that the units may initially look the same but this is not necessarily the case when you try to bolt them together. You would also need to ensure the gearbox ratios are the same otherwise performance could be affected. I suppose if you can find one cheap enough then it's worth trying.

Hi everyone.

Another member has recommended I try researching whether the Stilo 1.2 or 1.4 gearbox would do..

Obviously stilo's are more common to source a second hand one, and are more reliable boxes then the Bravo.

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

I have seen a Stilo with a Fire 1.4 petrol 16v 192B2.000 engine - it is identical to the one in my Bravo. I am thinking surely this would be the same fit!

Hi everyone.

Not certain whether it would fit without some jiggery, but I'd be surprised if it were that different.

Agree that broken Stilo's may be more available, but I'd be very surprised if a Stilo box was more reliable than a Bravo one, unless there's some obvious defect that I'm unaware of.

Back