Technical Fiat ducato 2008 motorhome

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat ducato 2008 motorhome

Bettyboop08

My speedo isn't working on my motorhome. It's been to the garage but fiat don't make these parts anymore. Any ideas where I can get one please?

My speedo isn't working on my motorhome. It's been to the garage but fiat don't make these parts anymore. Any ideas where I can get one please?
More detail required, is it the speedo it's self , the drive in the gearbox if so what gearbox, engine size and series etc. etc.
A quick search on wikipedia shows many companies used basically the same running gear (but not always!) so may give more options.:)
Also called
  • Peugeot Boxer
  • Peugeot Manager (Mexico)
  • Citroën Relay (United Kingdom)
  • Citroën Jumper
  • Ram ProMaster (North America, 2014–present)
  • Opel Movano (2021–present)
  • Vauxhall Movano (2021–present)
  • Toyota ProAce Max (2023–present)[12]
  • Zenith Electric Van
  • Maxwell Vehicles ePro

If my memory is still sound, on the x250 the speed signal is derived from the ABS wheel sensors, so no discrete sensor, unlike the earlier x244 which has a discrete road speed sensor.

Whatever the source of the signal, the analogue presentation depends on a small electric motor (stepping motor) which is electronically controlled and is what moves the pointer.

On motorhomes which typically spend long periods laid up the pointer / motor spindle tends to stick, If this is the case then it is possible to remove the instrument binnacle and either make a DIY repair, or send it to a company called "Cartronix" for repair.

For the brave, the DIY route involves removing the transparent cover and gently nudging the pointer to free it.

If removing the instrument panel, I advise disconnecting the starter battery first, by following the procedure in the handbook, which allows the vehicle computer network time to shut down.

Back