Technical Fiat 500L 1.3 diesel auto timing chain replacement.

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500L 1.3 diesel auto timing chain replacement.

Barnest

500L 1.3 multijet auto ... I decided it's TIMING chain time as its very noisy .... any way strip down has gone to plan, well almost , I have a problem with locking the cams and crank for timing. If i align the flywheel with the slot and insert the locking tool the camshaft locks do not line-up, if I line the cam shafts up and click the little locks in place the flywheel is not in place ? My car uses a slot on front of engine next to crank sensor & DPF to lock the flywheel are there any other places to insert the crank locking pin.
Any advice at this point would be helpful thankyou.
Kind regards Tim
Like Award Quote Reply

500L 1.3 multijet auto ... I decided it's TIMING chain time as its very noisy .... any way strip down has gone to plan, well almost , I have a problem with locking the cams and crank for timing. If i align the flywheel with the slot and insert the locking tool the camshaft locks do not line-up, if I line the cam shafts up and click the little locks in place the flywheel is not in place ? My car uses a slot on front of engine next to crank sensor & DPF to lock the flywheel are there any other places to insert the crank locking pin.
Any advice at this point would be helpful thankyou.
Kind regards Tim
Like Award Quote Reply
Update on above, camshaft locks would not line up because of excessive cam chain stretch and cam chain guide wear.

Back