Technical Doblo seatbelt stuck

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo seatbelt stuck

sootywillow

Thought I'd give it a go, but my rear central seatbeat is constantly in lock position, and can't be extended. I've looked in the seat from the rear, but it's a fairly standard seatbelt mount which ~I can't get access to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, is there an easy release mechanism?

Thanks, Vicky.

Bought my doblo this year, a real bargain and had custom dog cages built in the back. Fantastic.

Hi Vicky and welcome to the forum,
it sounds like it's just a damaged seatbelt and will have to be replaced although sometimes a bit of pulling and wiggling will free them.
Has anyone got any ideas?

Glad you like your Doblo, they're ideal for carrying dogs with their massive boot space. I think they have the biggest boot of any car.

Re: Doblo seatbelt stuck - Job Done!!!

BF finally did it. As mentioned elsewhere buried in these forums, If you leave the seatbelt unplugged when folding the seats forward, it tightens the seatbelts. The problem here is that a (not well known) safety feature is that the seatbelt ratchet will not loosen while the seats are folded, so like quicksand, the more you tighten to try and get some purchase, the tighter it gets. When you finally get the seats back upright, the seatbelt is so tight it's impossible to get them to loosen.

The solution is if you follow the seatbelt down under the seat, you will find it bolted underneath to the chassis, so unscrew the bolt, feed the loose end through the seat (while it's upright so it allows you to loosen the belt). Then clip the belt, feed the loose end back under the seat and attach back with the bolt.

The bolt is easily accessible, and will take 5 minutes to remedy.
On another post here somewhere, the same problem was quoted by a Fiat dealership at replacing the belt for £250, when the solution is simple. Hmmm....

V

Re: Doblo seatbelt stuck - Job Done!!!

BF finally did it. As mentioned elsewhere buried in these forums, If you leave the seatbelt unplugged when folding the seats forward, it tightens the seatbelts. The problem here is that a (not well known) safety feature is that the seatbelt ratchet will not loosen while the seats are folded, so like quicksand, the more you tighten to try and get some purchase, the tighter it gets. When you finally get the seats back upright, the seatbelt is so tight it's impossible to get them to loosen.

V

I'm always folding the seats up and down and in 2 years of owning the Doblo it's never happened to me. Just lucky I spose :confused:

One of the buses I drive is a Fiat & it has a quirk with seatbelts.
Pull them out to fit, clip them in place & they lock. Only way to slacken them if they are too tight is to unclip them, allow them to fully retract before you can pull them out again.

Because of the way the inertia belts operate, it can often be impossible to pull the belt out if you are parked on a slope.

Last edited:
Back