Styling As requested pictures of Seicento on 15" wheels

Currently reading:
Styling As requested pictures of Seicento on 15" wheels

There has been a high number of threads recently about 15" wheels being fitted to Cento's.

Our Seicento runs FK Automotive -40mm suspension kit comprising matched dampers and springs.

The wheels are Lancia Thema Turbo wheels 6X15" ET37 running standard 10mm Seicento front spacers only. Though it also runs a rear disc/calliper conversion which may move the wheels inboard slightly over drums by a few mm. We run 165/50 15 Bridgestone RE040 tyres which are about £50 each fitted, Kumho and a few other makes also do tyres in this size. Therefore much cheaper and readily available than the standard Sei Abarth 175/50 14 or even the 185/50 14 that many run on the 5.5x14 ET36 Abarth rims.

This size of wheel/tyre combo gives much improved steering feel, a more planted and pointy front end with direction changes being more accurate and fast as there is no tyre sidewall flex as you load up the outside wheel when turning, something I found to be very prevalent on running 185/50 14 tyres on a 5.5" wide rim. The ride is slightly firmer, but not in a detrimental way as the decrease in sidewall flex makes the suspension work harder which is good, you can really feel what is happening underneath you now.

There is no rubbing whatsoever, even with our car running the longer 6 speed box which used to rub on full lock on the 185/50 14 tyres.

I have been asked to show pictures of the car as it is, so here they are.

Sei_15_wheels.jpg

Sei_15_wheels2.jpg

Sei_15_wheels3.jpg

Sei_15_wheels4.jpg

Sei_15_wheels5.jpg

Sei_15_wheels6.jpg

Sei_15_wheels7.jpg

Sei_15_wheels8.jpg

Sei_15_wheels9.jpg

Nice rims, nice car and you have a nie power engine to push the rim as well :).

wouldn't recommend people with their standard 1.1 to run 15" rims tho .. mainly due to the weight of them compared to 13s.

Ming

As I've shown in other threads running the 165/50 15 is not much bigger than the default 185/50 14 that many run. These wheels are not heavy and although I've not weighed them just by removing the old wheels and fitting these there was no obvious weight increase percieved when lifting wheels on & off.

It's one of one best things we have ever done to the car. Which considering how much has been done says something. It's just so much better to drive now with improved feel, traction and grip as although narrower footprint with the stiffer sidewalk more of the contact area remains in direct contact with the ground.

Real nice look with the wheels.. Maybe Im missin something but why the white mirror caps?

Nothing other than we like it that way, picks up the white 'ABARTH' on front grill. And for a few years now the performance models of brands have had different colour or plain black mirrors. Audi RS, Seat Cupra, Mini's, 500's etc they are all doing it now.

The car has many little changes to it.

'115 16V' badge on the rear under Seicento instead of Sporting.
1368cc 16V 6 speed engine & box conversion
Emerald ECU
SuperSprint s/s manifold to custom exhaust
FK Automotive suspension system
252X22mm vented front discs and larger calliper conversion
240x11mm solid rear disc's and calliper conversion
OMP front seats
Panda 100HP optional allot pedal covers
Abarth leather 3 spoke steering wheel
Richbrook 6 speed gearknob

It's a great wee car, but we hardly ever use it, think its only done about 2or3K in last year as it's still only got 38K on it from new, and engine box only covered about 14k all in including the 8k it did when we bought it.

Although I've probably got that wrong now and Emma will come along and correct me this evening when it's too late for me to edit, but car has def got 38K on it, I'll get that right at least.

Last edited:
Lol yeah you're on your own martin. Car sits to the eye no higher as diameter is a negligable increase.

And when you consider that the original tyre size is 165/55 13 by being lower profile on 1/2" wider wheel means footprint is bigger.

Where it's interesting is all to do with pressure. The car has more grip than it did on 185/50 14. I think that as the car is so light it now pushes down harder on a slightly reduced footprint meaning tyres are being forced onto the ground. In much the same way a 20 stone man in flat shoes will leave no marks on a wooden floor but a 10stone women in high heels will due to increased pressure over much smaller area.

You really need to drive he car to feel just how much better it is on this wheel/tyre combo. It's the best steering feel and chassis feedback I've had in any cento.

Hey, just like to say I really like what you've done to your car, just the right amount of subtle but noticable mods.

I don't know much about the technical side of cars tbh, but I was thinking of getting 15's to put on my 53 Seicento Active. Would I need to make any modifications to fit them on, or would it be a simple case of changing the wheels over?

Thanks.

i agree with martinon the looks. doesnt look higher but the tyres definatly "look" thin

i love the asthetics of the 185/195 tyres but the grip of your setup is better so it depends what you want doesnt it.

think ill be looking at 175 tbh

There has been a high number of threads recently about 15" wheels being fitted to Cento's.

Our Seicento runs FK Automotive -40mm suspension kit comprising matched dampers and springs.

The wheels are Lancia Thema Turbo wheels 6X15" ET37 running standard 10mm Seicento front spacers only. Though it also runs a rear disc/calliper conversion which may move the wheels inboard slightly over drums by a few mm. We run 165/50 15 Bridgestone RE040 tyres which are about £50 each fitted, Kumho and a few other makes also do tyres in this size. Therefore much cheaper and readily available than the standard Sei Abarth 175/50 14 or even the 185/50 14 that many run on the 5.5x14 ET36 Abarth rims.

This size of wheel/tyre combo gives much improved steering feel, a more planted and pointy front end with direction changes being more accurate and fast as there is no tyre sidewall flex as you load up the outside wheel when turning, something I found to be very prevalent on running 185/50 14 tyres on a 5.5" wide rim. The ride is slightly firmer, but not in a detrimental way as the decrease in sidewall flex makes the suspension work harder which is good, you can really feel what is happening underneath you now.

There is no rubbing whatsoever, even with our car running the longer 6 speed box which used to rub on full lock on the 185/50 14 tyres.

I have been asked to show pictures of the car as it is, so here they are.

Sei_15_wheels.jpg

Sei_15_wheels2.jpg

Sei_15_wheels3.jpg

Sei_15_wheels4.jpg

Sei_15_wheels5.jpg

Sei_15_wheels6.jpg

Sei_15_wheels7.jpg

Sei_15_wheels8.jpg

Sei_15_wheels9.jpg
Really like what you have done with the wheels.
If I wanted a slightly wider tyre would that be feasible

Back