Technical 1.2 eco 2010 Diff bearings

Currently reading:
Technical 1.2 eco 2010 Diff bearings

Greg123

it sounds bad, my driveshafts can be wiggled up and down with a clunk and oil is leaking out the diff so I need new bearings and seals. Box works fine.

Anyone got a good supplier for these and it look like the diff is split and i can undo 8 bolts and pull the diff out in situ? Anyone done this? Or a link to an EPC with the parts numbers?

Cheers Greg

Unusual fail
Are you sure it's the bearings

Screenshot_20240508-071816 (1).png
Screenshot_20240508-072520.png

Thank you for that and yes the bearing cages break up, sadly the movement destroys the oil seal which means the box will have likely run low on oil, but feels ok still

If it's run low on oil

I'd check for oil inside the bellhousing,

Its likely the input bearing will also be destroyed as it has a plastic cage

They regularly fail, and is normally the first part to fail if the gearbox is low on oil

There is an inspection hole at the top

It's common for the diff oil seals to leak, less so for the bearings, there quite large with metal cages

I'd also drain the oil into a clear container and measure the volume, and how much metal is in it, before committing to parts

Your over £60 I believe by the time you add the seals + oil + bearing + RTV

That seems a reasonable price. Where is the best place to get them from? I have to do the clutch so could do the input shaft bearing and seal while the box is out.

That seems a reasonable price. Where is the best place to get them from? I have to do the clutch so could do the input shaft bearing and seal while the box is out.
The easiest way is to take the number directly from the bearing

These are standard bearing

Just looked this one up from my old differential

Without trying too hard I can find it online at £18

IMG_20240509_001410983.jpg

IMG_20240509_001315440.jpg
avoid some of the kits that include the seals, there's people selling the wrong input bearing at inflated prices,

I have a 2007 1.2, 100HP and Multijet diesel. Each one has a different gearbox input bearing.
1.2 is very cheap. 100HP and diesel have much bigger bearings. Both of mine are fine. However the input shaft oil seals go hard with age. The 100HP greased its clutch when that input seal failed.
The seal is fiddly to fit as you have to unbolt the reverse gear selector before the gearbox can be taken off the bell housing. Seal is fitted into the bell housing. It’s a great shame there is no removable cover for the seal.
I believe the smaller input bearings (older 1.1 and 1.2) get deprived of oil by the large gear sitting just behind that bearing. Low oil makes it worse. Parking on a left hand camber drops the oil level at RH end of the gearbox. So it runs dry on engine start.

Back